Going to Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Denver

What should I do with my 3.5 year old during the day while my wife attends her conference in Denver?
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Going to Denver

Never been to Denver personally, but this site might have some good ideas...

http://www.denverkids.com/

Comment

What time of year?

As an indoor activity, I'd recommend the Denver Children's Museum, which is one of the best in the country: http://www.cmdenver.org/

For an outdoor activity, the Denver Zoo is a good way to spend a day: http://www.denverzoo.org

Check the Denver Post for events that may be going on during that time:

http://calendar.denverpost.com/searc...FRFOagodTAxbDQ

Have fun! I was born and raised in Colorado and Denver is a fun town for all ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiabla View Post
        Have fun! I was born and raised in Colorado and Denver is a fun town for all ages.
        I lived in Craig, Colorado for a few years back when I was a kid in the late 70's ... Don't really remember much about it though
        I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

I agree the Zoo is a likely winner. Depending on what's showing, the IMAX theatre might be fun. The programs are usually only about 45 minutes long, so not too long for a little one. The Museum of Natural History is there also and I've seen little kids enjoying the dioramas of Polar Bears and so on. The Qwest Aquarium might be fun too. They have fish but also some tigers.

Comment

Nature! If the weather is nice (aka-not snowy) get out and see Colorado's beautiful scenery! My two favorites are Pike's Peak, and Garden of the Gods. There's also the continental divide, which is pretty neat, tho probably prretty uninteresting to a kid. (Wait, I"M a kid, and I dig it!)
            Oh, and while your wife is at her conference, buy her a little something nice. We girls LOVE presents!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Check out Keystone. Great place to venture and check out the great outdoors during the spring and summer, great place for skiing during the winter.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

We will be there in mid-April. I don't want to just explore the hotel. I know I'd like to be able to walk to some places or go on short drives; usually the wife is the map holder/navigator.

We will be near the convention center.

Thanks for all the above info and links!
                just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Estes Park is a nice kind of tourist town. From there you can go over Trail Ridge, the highest paved road in the US. It’s far enough out you probably want to make a day of it.
                  "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                  Ayn Rand

Comment

Trail Ridge has it's highest paved section at 12,183 feet in elevation (as stated) yet Mauna Kea's paved roads connecting each building measure out at 13,800 feet in elevation. That's a quarter mile higher plus a 20-story building.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Correction… Highest paved road in the continental US.
                      "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
                      Ayn Rand

Comment

I really hate that word CONUS. Especially when it comes to free shipping

Comment

Working...
                        X