Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some good Oahu shops to buy spices?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Picked up some stuff from Celestial yesterday. Impressive selection, if not huge, but now I've got to find a bunch of air-tight containers and a sensible way to rack them all.
    I'd love more details on your spice travels...do tell what you encountered as you checked out various places? You're like a modern-day trader looking for a shorter way to the spice routes of olden times!

Comment

Re: Some good Oahu shops to buy spices?

AAAARRR!
      We sailed from out of the North port this dawn towards town, eventually setting anchor first at the venerable Down To Earth, finding a small but interesting/eclectic amount of spices and powders that will have me making a return journey asap.
      I was hoping they would be where I'd discover the elusive whole Allspice berry, but alas, they were finally to be found in the Hell's hole of Safeway, where this establishments designated 'spice person' informed me moments before they did not carry them. Nice... I made sure the lass knew of her error and that she was fortunate not be a member of my crew, lest she be currently at the end of a plank, eyeing hungry shark.

Sadly, we had to set course for home before the other stores in the lands of Mo'ili'ili were open for my business.

At least now, I can stoke the cauldren's fire and produce a nice corned beef for the evening's feast, of which the Allspice berry is required.

Further reports as they come ashore in a bottle.
      Last edited by Ron Whitfield; April 15, 2008, 03:42 PM.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
      X