Some good Oahu shops to buy spices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good Oahu shops to buy spices?

I've hit all the big and small chains for thier selections of spices and dried herbs, but now I need to fill in the blanx to round out my new kitchen. Preferring loose to pre-packaged, but all suggestions are welcomed.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Some good Oahu shops to buy spices?

Mexican Spices/Latin American Spices:
    Mercado de La Raza, 1315 Beretania St, 593-2226

Hot Sauces,Spicy condiments:
    It’s Chili in Hawaii, 2080 S King St #105, Ewa of McCully St, 945-7070

Indian Spices:
    India Market, 2570 S Beretania St, 946-2020

Comment

Huckleberry's at the Nuuanu shopping plaza (nuuanu at school st. just a few blocks north of downtown) has a selection of spices in large jars which you buy what you need. they even have asoefetida (sp).
      n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
        Huckleberry's at the Nuuanu shopping plaza (nuuanu at school st. just a few blocks north of downtown) has a selection of spices in large jars which you buy what you need. they even have asoefetida (sp).

down to earth has the same.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Celestial Natural Foods in Haleiwa has herbs and spices advertised, but I haven't gone in yet.

Comment

spices can be very expensive. One place that I found that has your standard fare of spices sold in sets and for a rather cheap price is Ross.

I was surprised at this find while shopping one day there while looking for cafe or bistro themed paintings for my kitchen. Actually Ross is an excellent place to get quality things cheap to outfit your home, especially kitchens.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Cliche as it is, you can't beat the bang for the buck at Costco and Sam's Club. You get that HUGE bottle of McCormick's spice, herb or other seasoning for the same, if not lower price than what you'd pay for the teeny little bottle from the supermarket.

The challenge is USING all of it before it gets too dated and effective in flavor.

If you're a steak lover, you gotta' try the McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. Costco has if for less than $5 for the huge bottle. No need nothing else. Just shake that on some big fat juicy rib eyes, then throw the buggahz on da' hibachi. Kiawe wood helps too. Whinnahz!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                down to earth has the same.
                Ditto for Kokua Market one block Diamond Head of DTE.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Ditto for Kokua Market one block Diamond Head of DTE.
                  If you ever go to Kokua Market please say hi to my friend Francis Dote who works there and is the director for The Early School nearby. Yep even elite preschool directors need second jobs too!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Cliche as it is, you can't beat the bang for the buck at Costco and Sam's Club. You get that HUGE bottle of McCormick's spice, herb or other seasoning for the same, if not lower price than what you'd pay for the teeny little bottle from the supermarket.

The challenge is USING all of it before it gets too dated and effective in flavor.

If you're a steak lover, you gotta' try the McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning. Costco has if for less than $5 for the huge bottle. No need nothing else. Just shake that on some big fat juicy rib eyes, then throw the buggahz on da' hibachi. Kiawe wood helps too. Whinnahz!
                    yep! i buy the basic spices at sam's club. pepper, garlic salt, minced garlic, spaghetti spices, peppercorns, etc...whoa! dat steak sounds someting good!
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    order shall return."

Comment

sorry, was trying to delete this message that was posted twice. don't know how or if i can do it.
                      Last edited by kani-lehua; March 16, 2008, 03:33 PM.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Cool, thanx guy's, I'm ready to check out some of these places and load up.
                        The India Mkt. may be my first stop.

Comment

My first picks would be the three health food stores already mentioned. Selection and price is good. You don't have to buy a whole bottle of something that is expensive or rarely used.

Comment

Picked up some stuff from Celestial yesterday. Impressive selection, if not huge, but now I've got to find a bunch of air-tight containers and a sensible way to rack them all.

Comment

opps; sorry; info already posted....
                              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Working...
                              X