Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "House" on Fox

Default "House" on Fox

Just curious to see who else on HawaiiThreads loves the show "House."

I didn't start off watching it until halfway through the third season, but now I own all the DVD sets.

Absolutely love Hugh Laurie's portrayal of House. I can't imagine anyone who could do it better.
    Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Default Re: "House" on Fox

I watch the series on the USA Network on Friday nights, which have been aired in the past. Sometimes an episode would be only 3 to 4 weeks old and other times the previous season.

I consider myself a fan of the show. I assume new episodes are coming this September?

We like it; especially after my spouse came home with the first series on DVD. It's one of the few medical shows I like; strangely, as an ED nurse I can't stand the majority of medical shows. But House is fascinating with several story threads going on at one time. We like to try to figure out the mystery, and I love the unexpected twists. We can't seem to pin the time down to watch it, though. But I figure sig other will provide the next series when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I consider myself a fan of the show. I assume new episodes are coming this September?
    With the writer's strike at an end finally new episodes will return in April. Fox is moving it to Monday nights when it comes back to finish out season 4.

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

I liked Hugh Laurie in the Blackadder series. He played a naive aristocrat during different eras in England's history. His character of being a lovable simpleton in position of power because of birthright contrasted Rowan Atkinson's cynical and sarcastic Blackadder character.

It's hard to believe House is played by the same actor who played Stuart Little's father. Try watching Stuart Little now without getting an extra chuckle by seeing House nice.

Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRL

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Hugh was also in a small scene on Friends, where he plays a more "House" like character than he did in Stuart Little :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXNd99IhdmA

Another fan here.

House is a very entertaining smart a$$. Putting such a character in a position of prestige and amidst the human drama of a hospital makes for a very successful combination.

Quote Originally Posted by alohabear View Post
    It's hard to believe House is played by the same actor who played Stuart Little's father. Try watching Stuart Little now without getting an extra chuckle by seeing House nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyasu View Post
    Hugh was also in a small scene on Friends, where he plays a more "House" like character than he did in Stuart Little
    Check out the UK comedy series he did with Stephen Fry, called "A Bit of Fry & Laurie," and his portrayal of Bertie Wooster in the television adaptation of P.G. Wodehouse's immortal "Jeeves & Wooster" stories (also with Fry, perfectly cast as the long-suffering butler, Jeeves). Both programs are available on DVD.

If all you know him from is "House," you will be shocked - and perhaps will understand why he is one of Britain's most popular comic actors.

He's also a talented pianist, as demonstrated briefly on an episode of "Inside the Actors' Studio."

Just saw the season finale of House on the USA Network. Bummer on the Amber character dying off. Interesting through that of all the doctors in the series only Taub has someone to go to.

I kept missing seeing "House" when the network moved it from Tuesdays to Mondays. It's always on Tuesday that I remember that the show is on Monday now. Maybe it's not TiVo worthy like before. I don't know who watches "ER" anymore, but it's always on Thursdays, and still on.

USA Network had a House marathon this past weekend. One of the episodes was the first episode of season 5. In it Dr. Wilson leaves the hospital. Does he leave the series too or does he come back a few episodes later?

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    USA Network had a House marathon this past weekend. One of the episodes was the first episode of season 5. In it Dr. Wilson leaves the hospital. Does he leave the series too or does he come back a few episodes later?
    I watched the House marathon, as well. They skipped a few episodes. I don't think they even aired the season 4 finale (the episode where Amber died).

Wilson indeed stays with the hospital and the show. I personally thought the story arc was a bit short.

While the season 4 finale wasn't aired during the marathon, it was aired on the USA Network some time ago. I don't remember when that was but I do remember seeing it.

House marathons =

His character cracks me up. Sometimes I can't believe the things that come out of his mouth, keeps me guessing and i love it.

We love House here!! It cracks me up too the things that he says....so unexpected. There was the House marathon on a couple weekends ago and we watched. Dang, no House right now.....for the past two days it has been Elf marathon and today its Monk marathon! A couple of nights ago they had an ep with Amber in a bus accident? I fell asleep halfway through it. Anyone know the name of the ep and if its online for viewing?

TIA!
    Lovena
    Lovena

House's Head and Wilson's Heart. Hulu doesn't have it, neither does Fox website.

Another House fan here. I started watching in about the 2nd season (I think)

I think House's Head and Wilson's Heart are two of the best episodes of House. This season has really been going great. The last few shows of this season have all been good.

How come there was no new episode of House tonight? Did the network change the day and time again?

That occurence on today's episode of House came out of nowhere.

To which I say, "WTF...?"

Kal Penn got a new gig?

Hmmmm...just googled Kal Penn, and here's where he's going - unreal, but can't blame him for wanting a quick exit:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/...exclusive.html
    Last edited by Kimo; April 6th, 2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: additional info

So what did happen to the character that Kal Penn plays?

Why wasn't Suicide is Painless be used as background music because of the show's pop culture references and dark humor?

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    So what did happen to the character that Kal Penn plays?
    He committed suicide. Why? That's something House & Company are going to have to figure out, like they do with mysterious illness of the week.
    Last edited by helen; December 30th, 2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: fixing the spoiler tag
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast