The Forbidden Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forbidden Kingdom

The last movie I was excited about seeing, was Transformers. Now THIS movie has me all excited.

If you're a fan of old style Kung Fu movies, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li, this movie is definitely up your alley.

I think it comes out in June, but I'll keep an eye out.

DD
    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Re: The Forbidden Kingdom

Yeah!! Baby!! Just in time! I can't wait.

I'm learning Tai Chi from Norma Wong.

I completed the Warrior Within Seminar where we became SAMURAIS!

I no kid you.

Yat. Nee. Sum. See. Meee.

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; March 18, 2008, 10:19 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I don't usually scare easy, but the thought of Aunty with a samurai sword sends shivers down MY spine.

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
        I don't usually scare easy, but the thought of Aunty with a samurai sword sends shivers down MY spine.

Awwww...no be lil dat. I'm harmless. Me love you long time!

As a Samurai, our code is one of HONOR.

If I should ever attack my enemy, it will be swift and I'll make sure there will be no pain.

(Bows head in respect)

Ninja of the North Clan aka Auntie Pupule
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
          I think it comes out in June, but I'll keep an eye out.
          According to IMDb and the Apple Movie Trailer site this movie opens on April 18, 2008.

Comment

thanks for the link to the trailer; i watched some other trailer some months ago but yeah, it looks great! jet li kicks butt! can't wait! (if you haven't seen fearless, it'll help pass the time till this new movie comes out!)
            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Awwww...no be lil dat. I'm harmless. Me love you long time!

As a Samurai, our code is one of HONOR.

If I should ever attack my enemy, it will be swift and I'll make sure there will be no pain.

(Bows head in respect)

Ninja of the North Clan aka Auntie Pupule
              YOSH!

That's good because I have little faith in today's teachings of martial arts as a form of self defense and exercise as opposed to mental discipline and honor.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

forgot to mention that i caught this movie last week and i liked it a lot! good fighting scenes, a number of humorous scenes (jackie's in it, right?), and a happy ending. pretty predictable but fun nonetheless!
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Kden, I saw this Sunday night.

Old KBFD Black Belt Theater meets Karate Kid.

It was entertaining, I did enjoy it. But it was a bit cheesy, especially the Karate Kid parts. The Black Belt Theater parts were great!

One spoiler:

Don't hang around during the credits: There are NO Jackie Chan outtakes from the movie. None. Nada. Zippo. I sat there till the very last blip and the lights came on before I gave up. Lose money!
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I saw this movie this morning with Albert. There were some slow parts in the movie but otherwise it was kind of fun to watch.

Comment

Watched the movie recently. Loved to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li fought each other. Equally good to see two chicks ... one with white hair ... fight, too. They look like models for many manga, anime, or videogames (or one of those "exquisite" local strip club promotion t-shirts).

I can't help but comment it feels like Karate Kid with a fantasy twist.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The scene where Jackie Chan tries to summon the gods to "rain" down on them while trekking thru the desert was hysterical. Loud bursts of laughter on that one. I haven't heard that kind of laughter in a theater since watching Borat.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          One spoiler:

Don't hang around during the credits: There are NO Jackie Chan outtakes from the movie. None. Nada. Zippo. I sat there till the very last blip and the lights came on before I gave up. Lose money!
                          One can only hope they put them in the DVD.

I could see a sequel ... direct-to-vid.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            The scene where Jackie Chan tries to summon the gods to "rain" down on them while trekking thru the desert was hysterical. Loud bursts of laughter on that one. I haven't heard that kind of laughter in a theater since watching Borat.

Aj
                            That was the funniest part of the movie! The whole crowd couldn't stop laughing for a good minute or so.

The Forbidden Kingdom wasn't what I was expecting. I didn't see any trailers before watching it so I was thinking maybe something along the lines of Crouching Tiger or Hero. But, it is an American-made movie so of course it's gonna be a little different. I loved the humor, and Li and Chan make go great together.
                            Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                            X