Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Advertiser website

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Do ALL Gannett websites look like this? It's completely generic and devoid of personality.
    Actually, they do. It's a company-wide template that most, if not all, Gannett papers use.

>>>http://gannettblog.blogspot.com/2008...-new-site.html

Comment

I thought I was on the wrong site when I got to it late yesterday. I don't know if I like it, but it seems there is less emphasis on the news articles of the day and more on other content like videos.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

the ocean blue banner is a new, fresh look for the advertiser, but other than that it's cluttered and confusing. i only stayed to read the story about the Hitler painting and didn't mess with anything else.

Comment

Well, if the flight deck of the Death Star was indeed here yesterday, they obviously weren't paying that much attention to what's being said. The AP hosting is still FUBAR (no way to search the subsections of the AP like before), and considering I use that for research here at work quite a bit, that's problematic for me.

I think the site's much more cluttered and generic looking than before - nothing about it really says "Hawai'i" for me.

At least it looks like they fixed the problems LikaNui was having with the communities sections.

Comment

I've been on since this morning. I posted pictures too.

I like it.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
              At least it looks like they fixed the problems LikaNui was having with the communities sections.
              Yep, I just noticed that. All the Community links are correct now.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              I've been on since this morning. I posted pictures too.
              Folks, Auntie Pupule has her own section on the new website at this link. Go get 'em, Auntie!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

heheheh

Das my chance.

I got to remember "No PROFANITY!"

Stay tune. Lots moa to come.

Auntie Pupule

Comment

I think they need to fire the guy who's setting up there website. I can only hope this link will be corrected so we can all read the story behind the headline
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I noticed that as part of the website overhaul, the Advertiser is now using a Pluck message board. So does anyone know if the old message board still exists somewhere in cyberspace? Or has it been totally flushed out of existence?
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      I think they need to fire the guy who's setting up there website. I can only hope this link will be corrected so we can all read the story behind the headline
                      It's working now...or at least it is using Safari!

Comment

I've stopped visiting the site on a regular basis following this transition. I'm one of those who went there because it was mainstream media - I can get all the blog, opinion, etc. I want elsewhere - just like I always have. Big agreement on the generic corporate look.

Comment

It also seems to load noticeably slower, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

I mean, the page seems pretty cleanly coded (for a corporate website... it does generate 500 some W3C errors compared to the Star-Bulletin's 90 errors), and maybe final rendering takes about as much time as it used to... but because of the stylesheet or overall "enclosed" layout, you wait longer for something, anything, to actually appear, rather than seeing pieces load as they come down.

I already got impatient waiting for the Advertiser site to load, so the performance of the new site is abysmal.

I'd be willing to trade looks for speed, which has always been how things worked out for the Star-Bulletin (which really hasn't changed all that much over the years, apart from finally dumping frames). But it feels like the Advertiser got worse on both counts.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Folks, Auntie Pupule has her own section on the new website at this link. Go get 'em, Auntie!!!
                            Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            heheheh Das my chance. I got to remember "No PROFANITY!" Stay tune. Lots moa to come.
                            Auntie, I just now tried your link again to see if you'd done any updates, and I get a message saying "This community member's page is currently being reviewed by the editors."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                              Auntie, I just now tried your link again to see if you'd done any updates, and I get a message saying "This community member's page is currently being reviewed by the editors."
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I dunno how come?

I neba post any PROFANITY. All I did was post pictures.

Two are in the "Hawai'i Neighborhoods" Section.

Hmmmm...do I have a bad reputation?

On the other hand...don't answer dat. heheheh

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; March 30, 2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

They unblocked me.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...Id=personaDest

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X