Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sounds of Aloha presents

The Misadventures of Robin Hood: "Barbershop in Tights"

Check out this fun comedy show filled with great 4-part harmony a capella singing at the Historic Hawaii Theater on May 2 and 3, 2008. Special guest performers are OC Times, International Silver Medalist Champs from California.

Check out this link and show up for a fun-filled evening: http://www.soundsofaloha.org/

Re: The Sounds of Aloha presents

Just an update for those who are interested, most of the good seats are sold out for Saturday night's show (May 3). Lots of good ones on Friday (May 2). If you like good singing and some laughs, you won't be dissappointed.

Comment

I'm hoping to go. These are always excellant, and hopefully, this one again will include Jeff Au Hoy, or someone equally talented on the Hawaiian steel guitar.
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Unfortunately, no steel guitars on this one. It's a singing a capella show, but entertaining nonetheless. Susan Page attended a show once and wrote a full page article in Midweek on how much she enjoyed it. If I recall, she said her face hurt from smiling and laughing so much. Hope the audience shares that sentiment this time around.

A new comedy script is written every year by members of the Sounds of Aloha (SOA), the only Barbershop chorus in Hawaii. This year, there was an open invitation for male singers (many from other choruses) to sing the last two songs with them on the 2nd half of the show, calling it the 100-man Chorus. It might be too late for others to join and rehearse for this show, but SOA rehearses all year round at the Ala Wai Golf Course Club House every Thursday night from 7 p.m. Guests are always welcome to sing and learn with the rest of 'em. Most don't even read music. Greatest bunch of guys I've ever met. I would know. I've been one of 'em for 14 years. Some have been for 50 or more.

Comment

Thank you all for viewing this announcement. It was a great weekend and a great show. The guest quartet, OC Times, was fabulous, and stole the hearts of all the ladies.

Will be posting another announcement soon for "guest night", where the chorus invites men of all ages who "think they can sing" to come see what the Sounds of Aloha (SOA) is all about and perhaps join them on the risers and experience how much fun it is and participate in future shows.

SOA always puts on scripted comedy shows, including Christmas shows, and sings at other venues all year long, even UH volleyball and basketball games, Veteran and Memorial Day performances on the Missouri, etc.. This year, the Chapter is hosting a Pan-Pacific Convention, where the best Barbershop choruses and quartets from the Pacific Rim will go head to head in competition at the Hawaii Theater. SOA is always lookin for a few good men. Feel free to send me a private message if you're interested, or know someone who is. Beleive me, ladies, it's a great way to keep your men out of bars and night clubs.

Comment

Working...
          X