Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Earth Hour Blackout?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    Not all cities participating in the Earth Day Blackout dimmed their street lights. Obviously, that would present a safety hazard.

As for an Earth Day Blackout giving copper thieves a "golden" opportunity to do their dirty work,.... who's kidding who? It's been happening with the power on, anyway. Those thieves know how to cut off power to the lines they want to target.

and they've gone and done it AGAIN!
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
      while you were on your lanai enjoying a beautiful evening, did you happen to notice any egg-throwing st. louis football players hanging around? sorry, had to add that in.

LOL...no. Very quiet, very pretty. We walked around, incited a lot of barking from the Order of the Neighborhood Protective Canines, and enjoyed the lovely night sky.
      But we didn't see any ova-pitching. If we had I would have chased the perps down and smacked them about the head and shoulders and given a few scrotal adjustments. Much to the horror of my husband.
      Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; April 5, 2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

while you were on your lanai enjoying a beautiful evening, did you happen to notice any egg-throwing st. louis football players hanging around? sorry, had to add that in.

LOL...no. Very quiet, very pretty. Before the lanai wind-down with candles and adult beverages we walked around, incited a lot of barking from members of the Order of the Neighborhood Protective Canines and enjoyed the lovely night sky.
        But we didn't see any ova-pitching. If we had I would have chased the perps down and smacked them about the head and shoulders and given a few scrotal adjustments. Much to the horror of my husband but oh what the hey you only live once.

Oh, and we cheated too. We were in the middle of watching a movie on cable when we realized it was nearly eight o'clock. We hit the DVR button and got out the candles.

I sense a bit of lame-assitude on our parts as far as dedication to the cause is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
          LOL...no. Very quiet, very pretty. We walked around, incited a lot of barking from the Order of the Neighborhood Protective Canines, and enjoyed the lovely night sky.
          But we didn't see any ova-pitching. If we had I would have chased the perps down and smacked them about the head and shoulders and given a few scrotal adjustments. Much to the horror of my husband.

oh, my! guess they would have gotten more than an attitude adjustment!
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

oh, my! guess they would have gotten more than an attitude adjustment!

Okay....I guess that was a tad on the harsh side.

But that kind of behavior just infuriates me. The egg-tossing, the grafitti (sorry, kids---it's not an expression of your "artistic talent"---it's vandalism), the general lack of respect. Infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
              Naw, I was eliminating terrorists all night. I just copped a copy of "Rainbow 6: Vegas 2" for my 360. It's piffffffffff.

The kane has been on xbox Live playing that every night, from 9 PM on, if he's not working. I've had to record all of my evening programs to watch at a later time.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                Okay....I guess that was a tad on the harsh side.

But that kind of behavior just infuriates me. The egg-tossing, the grafitti (sorry, kids---it's not an expression of your "artistic talent"---it's vandalism), the general lack of respect. Infuriating.

i agree with you completely.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                X