Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Book Scam Alert

The Weightloss Cure, by Kevin Trudeau.

Actually, the book is great, but don't buy it! When you order it, Trudeau's organization will rip you off by continuing to charge your credit card for things you didn't authorize. They agreed to refund me some of the money, but they refuse to budge on the $24.90 they charged me for the book. I'm not holding my breath on this either. The infommercial and customer service said the book was free, but I only needed to pay the $9.95 shipping and handling. Now their service rep tells me another book "Natural Cures" was free. This isn't true, and they're not running the commercial anymore either, so we can't confirm it. So far, I've paid $64.70 for something that should have cost only $9.95.

The monthly charges of $9.95 is for a newsletter that's a 2-page peice of junk. They charged me for 4, but I only received 1 before realizing they were charging me for them. Some people have had to cancel their credit cards to stop these charges. As you know, that's a PITA!

Don't buy anything from Kevin Trudeau. I used to like him, but he's a scam artist. If you search the internet, tons of people are being ripped off like me. I'm filing a complaint with the Illinois Consumer Protection Agency where his Natural Cures, Inc. is based.

If you want to learn the weightloss cure protocol in Trudeau's book, you can get it free on the internet. It's called, "Pounds and Inches", by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons.

Re: Diet Book Scam Alert

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
    Don't buy anything from Kevin Trudeau. I used to like him, but he's a scam artist.
    Yes, I have noticed Mr. Trudeau seems to be the expert in a lot of fields over the last few years. His list of books on Amazon is pretty comprehensive; memory enhancement, debt cures, weight loss, "natural" cures, even an "I Love Kevin Trudeau T-shirt!

Kinda reminds one of the Popiel empire, but Mr. Popiel's things usually work!!

Comment

Just a heads up when considering any product purchase via an infomercial. Google on the product name+review...and read as many reviews as you have time for from the various hits that come up...not from the product's site. It's amazing how many unsuspected, upselling complaints there are...not to mention product performance complaints.

Informercials are incredible sales tools. The internet now keeps them in check for those not into impulse buying!

This isn't aimed at you, Bobinator, as I don't know your research practices. It's just general advice.

Comment

Trudeau is widely considered to be a snake-oil salesman and a very clever con man. The bastard preys upon those hoping for cures and looking for miracles. He's also a convicted felon. He's slick and slimey---quick with the snappy response, lies falling from his lips without skipping a beat.

Some more info on the con man:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Health/story?id=1527774

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=1503856

You just have to see the crap in this video from 20/20:

http://www.sorryiatethebeans.com/item/CP580TKJ7Y37K5GQ

Comment

Thing is, I did Trudeau's mega-memory program in the early 90's, and it was good. It gave me a positive impression of him. The program worked if you put in the effort to do the exercises and upkeep them. I still use some of the techniques today. But, pulling these credit card stunts like he did me adn so many others is over the top. That's pretty darn bold and corrupt. The only reason I ordered the book was that it was supposed to be free. Only the shipping and handling fee of $9.95 were to be my only expense... That, and the subscription of National Geographic they convinced me to buy, which is what I wanted to get anyway. I figured Trudeau was making a commission and banked on the possibility of me buying his other books. Boy, was I wrong! He went straight for my back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            [...] He's slick and slimey---quick with the snappy response, lies falling from his lips without skipping a beat.
            [...]
            http://www.sorryiatethebeans.com/item/CP580TKJ7Y37K5GQ
            I'm not familiar with the guy but after viewing this video the words "sociopathic behavior" come to mind. Not to mention greed! Sociopaths are incredible manipulators and pathological liars. They believe they're right and everyone else is wrong. Scary people.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              I'm not familiar with the guy but after viewing this video the words "sociopathic behavior" come to mind. Not to mention greed! Sociopaths are incredible manipulators and pathological liars. They believe they're right and everyone else is wrong. Scary people.
              It might not even be that they believe that they're right in the traditional sense---the only "right" they know is the "right" that gets them what they want. They have no code of ethics or sense of morality.
              What's particularly repulsive is how Trudeau, in that video, just keeps switching gears so effortlessly. When one lie doesn't work he just comes up with another one, swiftly and seemlessly. ITA, Sue. It's a study in sociopathic behavior.
              With predatory instincts this guy has found his targets, located their weaknesses, and attacked accordingly. "Hey, you're dying? I can help you and, yep, I have the secrets that no one else will let you in on!" He dangles false hope in front of those who have lost all hope.
              What a cruel bastard and a total POS.

Comment

It might not even be that they believe that they're right in the traditional sense---the only "right" they know is the "right" that gets them what they want. They have no code of ethics or sense of morality.
                What's particularly repulsive is how Trudeau, in that video, just keeps switching gears so effortlessly. When one lie doesn't work he just comes up with another one, swiftly and seemlessly. ITA, Sue. It's a study in sociopathic behavior.
                With predatory instincts this guy has found his targets, located their weaknesses, and attacked accordingly. "Hey, you're dying? I can help you and, yep, I have the secrets that no one else will let you in on!" He dangles false hope in front of those who have lost all hope.
                What a cruel bastard and a total POS.
                Oh, you're correct, WORN. A sociopath's "right" is not in the traditional sense at all. Even when they do something illegal they still see it as "right" even when caught and put in prison. Damn police. Damn plaintiff. Damn judge. They are ALL wrong in the mind of a sociopath. They prey on the lives of the vulnerable. Can you tell I'm in the midst of dealing with one?!

Hmmm, allow me to show my ignorance! What do ITA and POS mean? I know POS as Point Of Sale...and I know you don't mean that!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Oh, you're correct, WORN. A sociopath's "right" is not in the traditional sense at all. Even when they do something illegal they still see it as "right" even when caught and put in prison. Damn police. Damn plaintiff. Damn judge. They are ALL wrong in the mind of a sociopath. They prey on the lives of the vulnerable. Can you tell I'm in the midst of dealing with one?!

Hmmm, allow me to show my ignorance! What do ITA and POS mean? I know POS as Point Of Sale...and I know you don't mean that!
                  "I Totally Agree" and...."Piece Of ...(c'mon Sue, you can get this one!!)"

Sorry for your troubles, Sue. Yep---dealing with a sociopath is more than enough to have you ripping your hair out. Even when confronted with overwhelming evidence against them they'll insist that "you got it wrong, I was set up, someone who doesn't like me is lying about me" etc etc etc. Conviction by the courts means nothing to them. It was all a mistake, you see, and they can prove it if you just give them enough time to think up a new story, LOL.

And their tenacity is legendary. Oh, and when all else fails? They go for the sympathy vote. Trudeau, during his trial for credit card fraud, got a letter from his Mom admitted as evidence which stated that pretty much all his problems stemmed from the fact that he was adopted. Bear in mind that Trudeau was 28 years old at the time of the trial, not a kid. A six-page-long guilt trip from Mom:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...1trudeau7.html

Comment

"I Totally Agree" and...."Piece Of ...(c'mon Sue, you can get this one!!)"
                    Noooooooooow I get it!!!
                    [...]Yep---dealing with a sociopath is more than enough to have you ripping your hair out. Even when confronted with overwhelming evidence against them they'll insist that "you got it wrong,[...]
                    My favorite so far...
                    "I have done nothing wrong."...when the truth is she has done absolutely nothing right. And, yes, the evidence is overwhelming for all parties involved. The situation is actually so bizarre that I feel sorry for this person but not enough to cave in. Quite the opposite, aamof!

Comment

Dude's a Scientologist. 'Nuff said.
                      "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Working...
                      X