blank DVDs with printed design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blank DVDs with printed design?

every now and then, i get into a dvd project for friends and i'd like to burn the final files on a blank dvd which already has some kind of design printed on it. i know that i could buy a color laser printer and label makers but since i only do this once in a while, i'd rather not go that route so if you know of a shop in town which sells blank DVDs with some printed design vs blank DVDs that have something like TDK printed on it, i'd love to hear from you.

ps: finding blank CDs with some kind of design isn't as hard although the designs are just so so...

thanks.

---------------

update: i just called the queen street branch of fedexkinkos and they said that they're the only branch that will print those labels so i think my problem's solved (although they said they're out of the labels and will not use labels from customers). still, if anyone knows of a good local or online place that sells blank dvds with printed designs, i'd love to know about it.
    Last edited by shaveice; April 2, 2008, 12:39 PM.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: blank DVDs with printed design?

You know you can get a Epson R280 for $99 and print directly on the DVD/CD?

With professional results. My clients love it.

It's hard to beat for $99
    website - http://www.brianhancock.com
    blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

I'd visit Cosmo and see what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        I'd visit Cosmo and see what they have.
        thanks for the suggestion but i actually went there today. they seem to have less stuff than when i visited last year. anyway, they didn't have anything :-(
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
          You know you can get a Epson R280 for $99 and print directly on the DVD/CD?

With professional results. My clients love it.

It's hard to beat for $99
          that's really interesting; i'll definitely look into it!

Comment

I'll second Local Motion's suggestion.

It's a nice setup and does a good job of printing full-color graphics on a printable DVD. The only problem is that if someone handles it with damp fingers there's a risk of smearing. But in all the hundreds I've ever printed I haven't ever heard of a single complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
              I'll second Local Motion's suggestion.

It's a nice setup and does a good job of printing full-color graphics on a printable DVD. The only problem is that if someone handles it with damp fingers there's a risk of smearing. But in all the hundreds I've ever printed I haven't ever heard of a single complaint.
              thanks for the info; i just ordered one from amazon. i guess for the price, i'll give it a shot!

Comment

You could of gotten a R280 from CompUSA when they were having their going out of business sale. My friend brought 2 of them for under $50 each. I still have the first Epson model the R200 I brought many years ago and it's still going strong. That one cost me $99 maybe over 5 years ago. I have a R300 in the closet that cost me another $99. And a Epson R380 that also prints to printable dvds and cdr's. That one cost me about $69. I almost picked up the Epson RX595 (all in one) printer which also prints to printable dvds and cdr's for about $99 but decided against it. I print labels to all the korean dramas I record off of cable tv.

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                  every now and then, i get into a dvd project for friends and i'd like to burn the final files on a blank dvd which already has some kind of design printed on it. i know that i could buy a color laser printer and label makers but since i only do this once in a while, i'd rather not go that route so if you know of a shop in town which sells blank DVDs with some printed design vs blank DVDs that have something like TDK printed on it, i'd love to hear from you.
                  =================
                  This is not what you want to hear, but here it goes. IMHO the quality and reliability of the dvd should take priority over what it looks like on the surface. After trying out all different kinds of DVD-R media, I have found Sony DVD-R media to have excecptional reliability. I have burned approx. 1800 of these over the last year and only had 1 defective disk. Wouldn't it be ashamed if your friend played your beautiful looking disk and it just said "loading...loading....loading...." Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
                    IMHO the quality and reliability of the dvd should take priority over what it looks like on the surface.
                    I don't disagree, but I think all the major brands are available with a plain white printable surface. It might be a little harder to find, but it's available.

Comment

Working...
                    X