Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any information on distilling homemade ethanol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any information on distilling homemade ethanol?

A few years ago, there was an older gentleman on the news who taught people how to distill their own ethanol for fuel. He said its relatively simple and taught others for free. Does anyone know this person or other people/organizations that do this? I have several buckets of pinto beans over 7 years old I don't want to waste.

Re: Any information on distilling homemade ethanol?

You might want to ask George Nitta, who has been an ethanol proponent for many years. His contact info can be found at:

http://www.georgenitta.com/
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

See if this site is of any help to you. Keep in mind that you may be required to get a permit, too, and that (for safety & stench reasons) you really need to have a space well away from your house (and neighbors) to do this.

Comment

Thanx for the tips. Nitta will probably try to get me to stuff moth balls in my gas tank instead. Never really worked for me, cept moths never flew near my car.

Comment

Working...
        X