Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Door Hangers - Do They Work On You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Door Hangers - Do They Work On You?

Door Hangers: Do you they work on you? Read 'em? Toss 'em? Use 'em?

I'm thinking about ordering some Door Hangers for my decking business. Mainly because they are one of the least expensive forms of advertising. Just curious though -- do they work? Please take a few seconds to answer my poll.
    Mahalo!
    Kalei
    I read them, but NEVER use them.
    23.08%
    I read them, and SOMETIMES use them.
    46.15%
    I TOSS them without ever reading them.
    30.77%
    I LOVE them and save them all for future use.
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Kalei99; April 7, 2008, 04:06 AM. Reason: because I'm a dork and can't spell.
    So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Re: Poll: Door Hangers - Do They Work On You?

We've used the pizza coupons; and just to look at my options, I check out a few (i.e., yardwork, chimney maintenance, etc.) flyers.

Real estate stuff, I totally ignore. I get a LOT of those.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I don't mind them too much, and have used them on occasion. Just don't stick stuff under my windshield wipers. I hate that!
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

While working for the Gas Company, we used them extensively. I think they make a wonderful reminder that, "Hey we came down but no one was here".

As for advertising, door hangers are a form of solicitation and at my home I don't allow them.

I used to have this company on the mainland imprint my company's logo and phone number on ink pens. I'd then leave em everywhere like at the bank, at my desk, you know where everybody needs a pen. That to me is functional advertising where people use what you give them.

Nowdays you can have your company's information printed on flashdrives, keychains, water bottles, hats and lots of other consumer-friendly items.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
          I'm thinking about ordering some Door Hangers for my decking business. Do they work?
          Hi Kalei,

I teach marketing at HPU.

My estimate is that your response rate would be very low. Maybe one in 1,000- 10,000.

But here's an alternative. Put on a free seminar about Deck Ideas for your Home. Send out press releases to the papers that have calendar sections at least three weeks in advance.

I once had 63 people attend such an event for a client in Honolulu.

Focus on being helpful and show off work you've done. Avoid any hard sell. Instead, offer a free estimate to any who attend.

Good luck,

Bob Sigall
          Last edited by Creative-1; April 7, 2008, 01:24 PM. Reason: eliminate repetition

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
            Hi Kalei,

But here's an alternative. Put on a free seminar about Deck Ideas for your Home. Send out press releases to the papers that have calendar sections at least three weeks in advance.

I once had 63 people attend such an event for a client in Honolulu.

Focus on being helpful and show off work you've done. Avoid any hard sell. Instead, offer a free estimate to any who attend.

Good luck,

Bob Sigall

Thanks for your input - that's a great idea! I'll check into the local papers.

Aloha,
            Kalei
            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Working...
            X