Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: StarBucks going normal?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Thanks for the blog links, Cyn. What's amazing to me is that people spend time blogging about a cup of coffee! Do they have that much discretionary time on their hands? Oh...wait...I have over 5600 posts on HT. I need to get a life, too!
    you & me both!

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    What's really insane is that an entire generation of coffee drinkers believed they were drinking great coffee all the while they were drinking burn't coffee but couldn't tell the difference. Man I feel so vindicated...Thank you Cyn!
    i'm glad when my opinion validates yours, mr. watanabe.

here's another opinion i'll validate:

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    People actually go to Starbucks to drink the coffee?

I initially thought of SB as a passable informal group study hall and, um, bird watching area. Then I found it a great place to meet clients because of it's garish ubiquity. Now I see the collective as just so many poisonous toadstools blighting the cityscape; offering me nothing I'd consider gastronomically or aesthetically pleasing.

For those Downtown warriors who don't want to fiddle with brewing their own, I would humbly suggest Peet's Coffee & Tea inside Great Harvest on Merchant. Peet's consistently brews up the best cup of joe outside our kitchen and I would highly recommend pairing one with one of Great Harvest's excellent cookies or scones. But don't take my word for it, check out what Coffee Review had to say about Peete's:
    but then of course, i make coffee for that guy. we had better share java opinions. plus he thinks i'm the most beautiful "bird" ever.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

the best thing that sbux sells is their coffee traveler. It costs less than $20, its 96oz piping hot, and it comes with all the trendy fixins' for those weenies who cannot tolerate black coffee (not that sbux's black coffee is tolerable to begin with).

Roll into a meeting (or potluck) with one, and you're a rock star. The local sbux with a drive-thru window is on my cellphone for this very reason.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        Roll into a meeting (or potluck) with one, and you're a rock star. The local sbux with a drive-thru window is on my cellphone for this very reason.

Remember that Hilo SB on Kilauea is one of the very few that have a drive thru window. Are there any on Oahu? I can't recall having seen one.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Remember that Hilo SB on Kilauea is one of the very few that have a drive thru window. Are there any on Oahu? I can't recall having seen one.
          I don't think I've seen one nor have I thought to look! Starbucks/Jamba Juice took over the old Payless Shoes in Waianae Mall. That's a free standing building in the middle of a parking lot...perfect for a drive thru window. But, alas, I haven't noticed one...probably 'cuz I haven't patronized that store...probably 'cuz I don't drink coffee...and I make my own smoothies!

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
            the best thing that sbux sells is their coffee traveler. It costs less than $20, its 96oz piping hot, and it comes with all the trendy fixins' for those weenies who cannot tolerate black coffee (not that sbux's black coffee is tolerable to begin with).

this is totally true. add liliha bakery's coco puffs, and they talk about how cool you are for a month!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            I don't think I've seen one nor have I thought to look! Starbucks/Jamba Juice took over the old Payless Shoes in Waianae Mall. That's a free standing building in the middle of a parking lot...perfect for a drive thru window. But, alas, I haven't noticed one...probably 'cuz I haven't patronized that store...probably 'cuz I don't drink coffee...and I make my own smoothies!
            the only one eric and i have seen is the one in the shopping center whose name we cannot remember in kaneohe, across from windward mall. it's the shopping center with long's & safeway in it.

the one down the hill from us on kapahulu provides a call in service where they meet you in the parking lot at your car with your burnt coffee offerings.

wonder how that sbux will do, now that seattle's best is in the same complex as monster safeway...kinda pointless tho, bcs seattle's best is owned by sbux.

THIS IS WHY WE MAKE OUR OWN FRIGGIN COFFEE!! *sigh*

well, except for yesterday. we had breakfast at bogart's on monsarrat, and the nicaraguan peaberry was licious! too bad the service - fresh faced, gorgeous beachy-surfy type college girls - left much to be desired, outside of the eye candy dept (if you like to perve on chickies like that).
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

the starbux by costco in the waipio area has a drive thru service.

Comment

http://khon2.com/2016/02/17/your-sta...f-sugar-in-it/

Just 25 teaspoons of sugar make the medicine go down in a delightful way.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...cup-get-missed

Starbucks goes way back!

Comment

https://www.kitv.com/story/41496578/...inks-in-hawaii

Which Starbucks at their many locations?

Comment

"On Dec. 26, the Starbucks website said the locations in Hawaii are at Ala Moana & Coral and Kunehi St & Kapolei Pkwy on Oahu. But participating locations change every day. To see where today's pop-up is at, click here."

Comment

https://www.kitv.com/story/42616106/...ds-well-mostly

That was the last straw.

Comment

Working...
                        X