Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big & Small Business Memories - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
    At first when i read your post, i thought, hey, great, we could use a store like that in the neighborhood, as it's difficult to rely on the two 7-11's for food and sundrie options. But i was wrong to think they'd occupy that little Hungry Lion space.. No, it seems they are going to tear down the entire shopping plaza and rebuild.
    Wow! And that plaza isn't that old, either. Wasn't it built in the 1980s? I still remember the old Chun Hoon store standing on the site.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I remember Haouli's in Pearl City until the late 80's when Chuck E. Cheese took over the spot. Anyone recall that Elvis Lion called The King at Chuck's? It was this tall mechanical thing that stood on 2 legs and played recorded Elvis tunes when you fed it a token. Whenever I hear the song Teddy Bear I picture that lion swaying stiffly and tapping its foot.

A few of the little kids I knew were so scared of that thing that they'd cry because it was so liflelike to them.

Pizza, beer, and an Elvis lion. Does it get any better than that?

Comment

If only there was still a Shakeys Pizza parlor, and an Elvis Lion!
        Shakeys made the best 'cheap' pizza.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Shakey's in Pearl City was a fun hangout for years. When I was a little kid we loved watching the cooks throw the pizza dough up in the air and then catch it.

When I was older I liked Shakey's as a change of pace to Pizza Hut. I could never get into that oily pan pizza and still miss the old thick & chewy style that Pizza Hut used to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
            Anyone here remember the Skyslide?
            Thanks for that memory! I had a great time going to the Mapunapuna one with my brother and cousins. As a kid, that walk up the stairs seemed to take forever!!

Garry

Comment

Originally posted by PearlCityMike View Post
              Shakey's in Pearl City was a fun hangout for years. When I was a little kid we loved watching the cooks throw the pizza dough up in the air and then catch it.

When I was older I liked Shakey's as a change of pace to Pizza Hut. I could never get into that oily pan pizza and still miss the old thick & chewy style that Pizza Hut used to offer.
              I used to work at the Pearlridge Shakey's Pizza.

Comment

The Complete Kitchen at Ala Moana is now a memory....closed on 10/5.

Aj

Comment

Niketown in Waikiki will shut its doors on October 4th or earlier if inventory runs out. I stopped by tonight and the store looked half empty with 50% off sales going on. I have many friends who work there at the store, many thought the store might have stuck around a couple more months, but it was not meant to be. I enjoyed the free run club on a regular basis they had on Wednesdays and Saturdays which of course sadly will no longer be held.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                  X