Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park

So, is anyone here an old hand at visiting the Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park?

I admit, I haven't been there for years, and back then, the place always seemed half deserted and the operators seemed desperate to get you to drive all the way out there. I can't remember what the promotion was, some combination of kama'aina discount and a Pepsi can, but we got in for a song. It was fun, but didn't make much of an impression.

Suddenly our kids are expressing a great deal of interest in going there, largely due to neighbors who regularly make the trip. And to hear them tell it, the place has really picked up, spruced up, and built out, almost making it a mainland-grade attraction.

But. According to the website, admission is $35.99 per adult, $25.99 per kid, one-time admission. Or $79.99 for an annual pass for either an adult or a kid. People don't actually pay these prices, do they? Do you get discounts for soup can labels or a special handshake? I suspect our neighbors do have a military discount, but even 20 percent off those prices seems high to me.

We do get our money's worth out of annual memberships at the Children's Discovery Center, Bishop Museum, the Waikiki Aquarium, the Zoo... but I also think I enjoy those places a lot more and will visit them more often than a water park.

But maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy who hasn't seen the light of a waterpark. Enlighten me!

Re: Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park

you're not missing much. seriously.

Comment

My kids have gone a few times and enjoy it. They go with their summer fun group so I think they get a group discount rate. There are usually discount coupons in Entertainment Book, at KFC restaurants, etc.

Comment

The only time I ever went there was when one of my six boys were invited to a birthday party, admission was free for us and because of the number of kids I have, I went almost monthly.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I've never had any urge to go myself, but I've seen the discount coupons from time-to-time at grocery stores and on pepsi product cans (?).

There are current coupons here:
          http://www.ecouponshawaii.com/detail...nid=17&aid=102

I believe a lot of the free Hawaii tourist guidebooks that are all over Waikiki have coupons also.

Comment

My kids love it! We usually only go when there's an event on like a work Xmas party or a birthday party but they do have promotions where you can get in for a discount.

You just missed one where you could get a discount for bringing cans to be recycled. The amount of the discount depended on how many cans you brought in.

In the summer, they do concerts and open the park after hours - it's cheaper than the all-day price but not all the rides are open. I sang there once and it was a decent crowd. We liked that we could sit at the bar and listen to the music while the kids were busy on the waterslides.
            Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
            My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

They were recently purchased by some mainland company. The plan is to improve the food service and add a shopping area as well as make improvements to some of the attractions. We went there a couple times last Summer and I think they can use the improvements. Mel had a great time, but I wasn't all that impressed. Good thing one visit was free and the other had a deep discount as I thought it wasn't worth the regular admission price.

There were some other issues, but I won't get into them.

Comment

I've never been there, but my sister took my kids (ages 9 and 7) and they had a blast! She did have some kind of coupons or something, but I don't know what she paid for admission. They definitely want to go back...
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

In March, they were bought out by Australian Company Village Roadshow - VR runs a bunch of adventure parks in Australia and New Zealand. I don't know what their plans are for Hawaiian Waters but I suspect big changes are coming.
                  Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                  My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Hawaiian Waters is doing pretty well from what I understand. Their revenue has gone up year over year and they just expanded with a new building for their admin offices and the miniature golf course.
                    Eating my way through restaurants at http://www.nomnomfoodie.com

Growing a local Hawaii food blogger community at http://www.hawaiifoodbloggers.com

Comment

This morning I took an online survey about them from Points.com there
                      was video included as well. It had mainly questions about upgrades to every
                      aspect of the facility.

Comment

sorry if someone's already mentioned it but costco has somewhat discounted tickets to the place....
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I received a book of Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park and Island Adventure Golf coupons in the mail.

--$8.08 off General Water Park Admission or $5 off Child Admission
                          --$7.00 off Adult/child admission to Island Adventure Golf

The coupons expire May 12. I have seven of them.

If anybody's interested, they are yours! I can bring them to the HT picnic on Sunday. Just let me know...

Comment

I just think the Cliffhanger ride is hillarious, as all those expletives are shouted out on the way down and at the very end people have that scrunched up look on their face as they get up like they just had a high colonic, because they did. Yuck.

Be careful if you go on the Cliffhanger, because if you just go down the slide so fast and you are in jumping jack position, you could really hurt yourself like a friend of mine's mom. I'm not specifying the injury, of course.

Comment

I am trying to organize a trip to Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park for all my friends. Yay! I've never been there, and neither has anybody else that I know. But it's an Adventure Park, and we're all excited!

Can we go in & out? For sandwiches and beer in the car?

Any tips, advice, etc...? Its for Sven's birthday, and I want it to be as fun as possible!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                              X