Potluck take-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potluck take-out

Where are your favorite places in Honolulu to pick up catering trays for large parties? My kids often have baseball games on weekday evenings and there is no time to cook so I have to pick something up on the way to the games. Getting tired of the usual Zippy's chili, pizza, korean bbq, etc. and am looking for some ono new ideas. We have about 50 people to feed, so value is also a consideration.

Re: Potluck take-out

While I have eaten at the following places I never did any catering business from them:

U Choice In - At Kaheka Don Quiote
    Mahalo BBQ - Young Street

Comment

Don't know if they're economical. Could try Pyramids for something different. Everybody make their own Giros. Could also get 50 hotdogs and drinks from Costco for cheap. You're going to need help with that one.
      A boatload of tacos from TB? Hey, you didn't mention Texmex, Med or hotdogs.

How'bout stew and rice? Most local drive ins that also cater should have that on their catering menu. Simple kine. Beef stew, rice and mac salad. Same with beef curry or even spaghetti and meat sauce.

Comment

what about l&l?
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I Love Country Cafe on Piikoi St. has a good catering menu.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            what about l&l?
            Actually, their chicken katsu party platter is pretty good, at least the one I ordered at the L&L near the old Stadium Park in Moiliili. Fairly inexpensive. And good as finger food.

Comment

i've attached menus for kiawe grill & ray's cafe, in case they may be helpful.

there's also mitsuken, sugoi, & sam's korean. they do take out catering, too.
              Attached Files
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
              X