Gilligan's Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilligan's Island

Picked up the DVD of season one and two of Gilligan's Island from Sam's Club a couple of weeks ago.

Just watched the unaired pilot which was a bonus feature of the first season set. Was interesting that the roles of the Professor, Ginger and Mary Ann were played by different actors.
    Gilligan
    17.65%
    Skipper
    5.88%
    Mr. Howell
    5.88%
    Mrs. Howell
    0.00%
    Ginger
    11.76%
    The Professor
    23.53%
    Mary Ann
    35.29%
    Other/None
    0.00%

Re: Gilligan's Island

"just sit right back and you'll hear a tale........." i used to really love that show!
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

What else besides the shots of Coconut Island and Ala Wai Boat Harbor in the opening seqence, or the show's episodes, were shot on Oahu/in Hawaii?

MaryAnn sure has survived well...
      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I'd sure like to know what brand of radio they had. Man for a deserted island that radio could pick up some decent signal.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Which begs the eternal question: GINGER ..... or ..... MARY ANN?

I vote for ........... MARY ANN!

Comment

Dawn Wells, who starred as Mary Ann on the television show "Gilligan's Island," was sentenced to serve six months probation for having marijuana in her car, U.S. media reported Wednesday. (File Photo)

Photo Gallery>>>

BEIJING, March 12 (Xinhuanet) -- Dawn Wells, who starred as Mary Ann on the television show "Gilligan's Island," was sentenced to serve six months probation for having marijuana in her car, U.S. media reported Wednesday.

Wells was also sentenced to five days in jail and fined 410.50 U.S. dollars as a result of her arrest last fall in eastern Idaho.
            Wells, 69, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival, was stopped on Oct. 18, by Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez after he noticed her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down.
            She was driving home at the time after a surprise birthday party.
            When asked about the smell of marijuana in the car, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something.
            Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana inside her vehicle. Then she failed a sobriety test, he said.
            Wells pleaded guilty as part of a deal last month to one count of reckless driving. Wells' lawyer said that a friend of Wells testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts were dropped.
            Last edited by admin; April 21, 2008, 07:15 AM. Reason: Please don't embed images from external sites that aren't your own.
            "chaos reigns within.
            reflect, repent and reboot.
            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

MaryAnn for sure. Unless..., Ginger has something betta than Beijing Butta!

Comment

I have a niece, almost 20, who attends college on the west coast. She is a big fan of GILLIGAN'S ISLAND and has the first season DVD-set.

Comment

I thought I saw all of the episodes in the past but I encountered one that I never saw before. It's about Gilligan writing a diary and the other castaways having different views of the time they were captured by the Japanese sailor played by Vito Scotti.

Comment

it's true our moderator helen,i once saw a documentary on gilligan's island and the first people who were cast's for ginger and the professor and a few other's were different only everyone know's how the story became when the now celebritie's some now deceased and a few living that it was a good show and when i was young,i had my lunch watching that show and it was lol!:O) I Thought this show was a hoot!

Well thank's for your time also when someone posted that sansei could be gilligan,it would've been partially true since im skinny enough and im only 5/4 inches and my weight is now in the 120's so if it were happened that i'd be cast as gilligan,it would be lol since i have the body of once living gilligan and in same weight range before passing only im to shy so i wouldnt be a good canditate for this program.:O)

Comment

Even though I really like the quote I promise you this, that and the other thing. The ultimate Gilligan's Island quote has to be Mr. Howell's A Howell never runs in the face of danger, *boom* (from an exploding plate) he walks very fast!

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                        Dawn Wells, who starred as Mary Ann on the television show "Gilligan's Island," was sentenced to serve six months probation for having marijuana in her car,.
                        If I had to be cooped up with Gilligan on a deserted isle all those years, I'd be smokin' loco weed the rest of my life too!

Ofa 'atu
                        Mui Houma
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          What else besides the shots of Coconut Island
                          Sort of noticed that the island shown during first season starting credits (the black and white version) is different from the one shown during the second and third season starting credits (the color version).

Comment

Just like with The Beverly Hillbillies, they re-shot the opening scenes when they went Technicolor, but stayed true to the script.

I think The Beverly Hillbillies was way funnier than Gilligan's Island, esspecially BH's first 2 seasons, just hillarious. And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                              I think The Beverly Hillbillies was way funnier than Gilligan's Island, esspecially BH's first 2 seasons, just hillarious. And I'll take Ellie Mae Clampett over both Ginger and Mary Ann, if I HAD to choose.
                              Same here. Although, a case could be made for Jane Hathaway ("Miss Jane", the Drysdale's secretary) too.
                              As for this thread, I hadn't seen the poll before and just cast my vote. Notice there is now one vote for The Skipper.
                              Surprise.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X