Muxtape: Share Tunage Like in High School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muxtape: Share Tunage Like in High School

Have you played with Muxtape? It lets you upload up to twelve mp3 files and share them online with others. I just put mine up (twelve best songs of 2008 so far) here, and Ryan has his here.

The service lets you mark other mixes as favorites, but doesn't allow for comments and stuff, so share the link to your mix here and I'd be happy to criticize your awful taste.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Muxtape: Share Tunage Like in High School

The Macpro Twelve
    http://macpro.muxtape.com/

A hodgepodge of stuff....

I hope we can change these from time to time.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The first song on Ryan's list is one of my favorites, too. Hapa - "Ku'u Lei Awapuhi". I don't know what it's about, but the sound of the words and music echoes the way I feel about Hawaii.

Comment

Cool Mel! I thought I was the only person who noticed that the B-52s just came out with something new. In fact, my 14 year old digs Funplex. Good to hear them back.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
          Cool Mel! I thought I was the only person who noticed that the B-52s just came out with something new.
          Then you must have missed this thread.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Over the weeks since Scriv introduced Muxtape to us, I've grown to like the concept. Unfortunately they had a major meltdown yesterday.

Muxtape Still Down

Still down
            According to The Planet (our hosting company), “[Yesterday] evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room. Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost. We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department. This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site.” No ETA so far, it’s about noon right now.
            That must bite hard. 7,500 customers and 9,000 servers impacted. Ouch!
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Muxtape seems to be up and running again.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

http://zztype.muxtape.com

But I haven't uploaded any yet. This will take time. How to choose so few out of so many?
                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

How about we make a game of it? Someone pick a theme and then we put muxtapes together and see who's got the coolest list or something. Kinda like the "songs with _____" in the title threads we all get a kick out of.

Some ideas:
                  Covers
                  Rarities
                  Live versions
                  Kids songs
                  Summer music
                  Good riddance songs
                  Twelve versions of one song (!)
                  Songs about whiskey

I know that if nobody else plays, mel, blaine, and I sure will.
                  That's good enough for me.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I'm game for this. Perhaps we should start with "Summer Songs" and keep those up for about 2 weeks and then change to something else, for the next 2 weeks and so on.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Come on, Blaine. You know you wanna.
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Okay, I'm in on this. I'll have my summer tunes posted by Monday. Who else is playing?
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Me... I like making theme mixes. Monday it is, gives me time to work it out on my iTunes.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

OK, I'm in! I'll go to work on it and post tomorrow.
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Looking forward to listening to the Muxtape summer mixes. I have mine more or less down in iTunes and will post either late tonight or early tomorrow.

http://macpro.muxtape.com
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X