No announcement yet.

What air cargo company has 747s at HNL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What air cargo company has 747s at HNL?

Everytime I land in HNL, I love to look at the various cargo hangars. They got some aircraft that are no longer used by most US majors--L-1011's, DC-10's, 727s, etc.

I was landing in HNL the other day, and I noticed a red, gold, black, and white 747 sitting near the Continental maintenance hangar. It was marked _____ Air in Arabic-looking font. I never saw this cargo company in HNL before...anyone know who is it?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: What air cargo company has 747s at HNL?

I take it you don't have a photo available of the plane? In any event the link below is a list of Boeing 747 operators from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._747_operators

Comment

Kalitta Air? (US based cargo operator)

from their website:
      Kalitta Air is a Michigan Limited Liability Company owned 100% by Conrad Kalitta. Kalitta Air began service in November 2000 with three Boeing 747 aircraft and the fleet has grown to a present total of eighteen B747 freighters. Capable of air express delivery of virtually any type of freight, the company provides scheduled or on-demand charter service for customers in the United States and around the world.
      n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
        Kalitta Air? (US based cargo operator)

ding ding ding! hmm...the font on the plane I saw was different, but that's the one!
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          ding ding ding! hmm...the font on the plane I saw was different, but that's the one!
          Could be the one from LAX, there always seems to be one sitting there.

Comment

From Airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...ne_version=6.0

Comment

Working...
            X