Abandoned Animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abandoned Animals

I agree with you Kani about leaving money for animals and their welfare.
    As we have no kids of the two legged kind animals will be our choice.

Thanks for saying they're cute and let me say they're lucky they are!

We were surprised to see their picture included in the May gallery, now
    I need to go look at a bookstore and see if they actually made the book
    I doubt it but you never know, I'm going to Borders this morning!

Comment

Many years ago, the Hawaii Humane Society found a dog wandering Sunset Beach. We adopted her on the "last day". We're on the mainland now, but we still have her. She's 10+ years but still going strong. I hope we can all go back to the islands together!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
        I agree with you Kani about leaving money for animals and their welfare.
        As we have no kids of the two legged kind animals will be our choice.

Thanks for saying they're cute and let me say they're lucky they are!

We were surprised to see their picture included in the May gallery, now
        I need to go look at a bookstore and see if they actually made the book
        I doubt it but you never know, I'm going to Borders this morning!
        just wondering? if you knew that the hawaiian humane society publishes a yearly calendar? you submit a photo for a nominal fee and your "kids" are pictured. i did it one year.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Is it okay to nab ferile cats and take them in for spaying/neutering? Does anyone do it for a reduced price? Whenever I see ferile cats, I want to do just that.
          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
            just wondering? if you knew that the hawaiian humane society publishes a yearly calendar? you submit a photo for a nominal fee and your "kids" are pictured. i did it one year.
            Yes we do know about it. Our girl Maggie was Miss December I think in 2000 or 2001, funny I don't remember. Maggie raised almost $14,000.00 in her lifetime (which was far too
            short) in the annual PetWalk fund-raiser. Her selection however was random as they all are for the calendar.
            Here's something about her http://starbulletin.com/2000/06/22/news/story14.html

and yet one more http://starbulletin.com/2003/08/01/features/story2.html
            Last edited by leashlaws; May 2, 2008, 11:30 AM. Reason: add item

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
              Yes we do know about it. Our girl Maggie was Miss December I think in 2000 or 2001, funny I don't remember. Maggie raised almost $14,000.00 in her lifetime (which was far too
              short) in the annual PetWalk fund-raiser. Her selection however was random as they all are for the calendar.
              Here's something about her http://starbulletin.com/2000/06/22/news/story14.html

and yet one more http://starbulletin.com/2003/08/01/features/story2.html
              great stories and pics! i don't see the basenji in her? my oldest girl (18) is basenji/beagle. her head is basenji and her body beagle with the white tipped tail. she can manage one "woof" and that's it.
              "chaos reigns within.
              order shall return."

Comment

Neither picture does justice to that part of her lineage but rest assured she
                was part, she did not stink for one thing (Basenji's have no odor as they
                were used to hunt lions in Africa and lions would know they were around)
                and she had the exact yodel and chortle in addition to the ability to bark.
                She was one of a kind. She was also on a page a day calendar from Workman Publishing, on KITV news: Gary Sprinkle came and filmed her diving and
                swimming, she was a spokesdog for the Kyjen company of dog toys
                and in a magazine. I think the only medium she was never in/on was
                radio!

Comment

i think your post belongs in the, "have you ever met a celebrity (or something like that) thread? lol. my girl doesn't smell either and it's quite funny to listen to her trying to get that one bark out. the rest is the chortle thing.

i'm glad you rescued maggie! and, i'm glad that i saved my girl, too. the old goat. her original parents were moving back to the mainland and couldn't take her with them. oh, well! better for me and my dog. i've had her for 13 years now.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                  X