Beckham's jersey tears 2 Hawaii kids apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beckham's jersey tears 2 Hawaii kids apart

Pettiness isn't a birthright, but a honed skill, and these idiot parents are turning their darling little Smeagols into Gollums, fighting over their preeeeccciiiioooousssss.

The jersey is bad luck.

Burn it.

pax

Comment

This sounds like a plot for Bend It Like Beckham 2: Auwe Soccer!
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

How sad. Now both parents will lose friends AND attorney's fees. I think one of the smarter things to do in this case would be for both families to donate the jersey to a museum or other venue where the shirt can be displayed in a glass case. The names of both boys could be posted on a plaque as the donors. That would last many years. They could also have the donation appraised and have it claimed as a tax write-off or something. Some entity could also offer to buy it and set up trust funds for the boy's college education or something.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          And what kind of fricking lawyer takes a case like that?
          Lanikai Eggman?

Comment

Seemingly lost in all this discussion is the 2nd jersey (supposedly signed by Beckham) that the Ho family gave to the Kerrs.

Thinking the situation was resolved, the Kerrs dropped the issue until the next night, when the Hos offered the Kerrs' son another jersey, this one allegedly signed by Beckham during the intermission of the Galaxy game on Feb. 23.

The Kerrs say the signature looked forged. The Hos said they know someone who gained access to Beckham while he was in the locker room, and the jersey is authentic.

Just my opinion, but if the Hos are being on the level and the autographed jersey they have given to the Kerrs is authentic, then I don't see why things shouldn't stand as they are. The Kerrs are probably not qualified to judge whether Beckham's signature is genuine or not. That needs to be assessed by a qualified signature authenticator. Of course, there's a fee involved. But if the two families split the fee, I can't imagine that costing more than attorney's fees in a lawsuit.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The so-called "adults" are behaving like children ...............

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                Just my opinion, but if the Hos are being on the level and the autographed jersey they have given to the Kerrs is authentic, then I don't see why things shouldn't stand as they are. The Kerrs are probably not qualified to judge whether Beckham's signature is genuine or not. That needs to be assessed by a qualified signature authenticator. Of course, there's a fee involved. But if the two families split the fee, I can't imagine that costing more than attorney's fees in a lawsuit.
                If the second jersey's just as good, why don't the Hos keep it and give the Kerrs the original?
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  If the second jersey's just as good, why don't the Hos keep it and give the Kerrs the original?
                  Excellent point. Why not, if the Hos were being honest in the whole thing? Somebody should ask them.

I'm far from being an expert when it comes to sports memorabilia, but I wonder which is more valuable? An autographed jersey or a game-used jersey? In many cases, I would imagine the latter is more rare and difficult to obtain. But if anyone planned on selling it for top value, wouldn't there be considerable expense involved in authenticating it as a genuine game-used item? There's a lot of phony "game used" gear being sold on eBay and memorabilia shows.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I have said this elsewhere, but I guess I'll say it here, too, since it sounds like a lot of folks want to find some compromise that makes both parties happy. If either of these boys were my kid, I would make him give the jersey to his friend, and if he complained or whined about it, I'd ground him until he could look me in the eye and say he was happy he did it. There is one peaceful solution: One family has to submit. What I can't believe is that the argument isn't over which boy has the privilege of giving the shirt to the other.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                    X