Mapunapuna closures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapunapuna closures

For HT members, fyi....today was the last day of business for the Jack in the Box Restaurant on Mapunapuna....where Schion and Servco is located. Word from an employee is that Servco is planning to expand its lot space and they need that extra space where JIB is located (fyi...I think that Kalihi is the next Automobile Row cuz Hono Ford is now at Farrington HS, New City Nissan is opening its new space where the Kalihi Shopping Center..Kalihi Bowl used to be). Another business is pau is that appliance store a few blocks down past the storage facility. they used to sell used appliances and provide xtended warranties with it...

Re: Mapunapuna closures

Speaking of Honolulu Ford and New City Nissan, Pflueger Honda on Ala Moana is moving to the new downtown high rise, Capitol Place, the former Block J, in May. I think they're going to be part of the first floor.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
      For HT members, fyi....today was the last day of business for the Jack in the Box Restaurant on Mapunapuna....where Schion and Servco is located. Word from an employee is that Servco is planning to expand its lot space and they need that extra space where JIB is located (fyi...I think that Kalihi is the next Automobile Row cuz Hono Ford is now at Farrington HS, New City Nissan is opening its new space where the Kalihi Shopping Center..Kalihi Bowl used to be). Another business is pau is that appliance store a few blocks down past the storage facility. they used to sell used appliances and provide xtended warranties with it...
      Hmm...despite living in the Salt Lake area I didn't really frequent that JIB too much. That sucks for the employees, but hopefully they'll find jobs at other locations -- maybe at the nearby ones at Moanalua Shopping Center or at Stadium Mall.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

One of the JIBs I probably wont patronize much is the king/umi street one....they was forced to "lock down" the self serve soda machine and only serve it behind counter cuz the neighbor kids and adults (not to specify but if you know the neighborhood) would abuse the privledge....take MORE than your average 2nd refill, make multiple mixed drinks...I think they wanted to create thier own Dr Pepper...the rest around town is ok..for now.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
          One of the JIBs I probably wont patronize much is the king/umi street one....they was forced to "lock down" the self serve soda machine and only serve it behind counter cuz the neighbor kids and adults (not to specify but if you know the neighborhood) would abuse the privledge....take MORE than your average 2nd refill, make multiple mixed drinks...I think they wanted to create thier own Dr Pepper...
          Now that's a policy I wish the McDonald's at Kamehameha Shopping Center would have. It seems like every other time I go there, I step on some sticky tiles on the floor right in front of their self-serve fountain machines. Damn kids keep spilling their drinks and the employees don't always mop up the mess completely.

But it is sad that the Mapunapuna JIB is now history. I guess Wendy's and L&L's are going to pick up some extra business.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

When I was a small kid that JIB was a Wendys. Was probably the first Wendys I ever ate at. So it's gone now? Haven't eaten there in years, would've liked to drop by one last time.

Comment

Working...
            X