Clear All

Re: Ron Menor + DUI = Train wreck

Well said CW
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Geez it's getting worse. Now his sons have indicated their father had a lot of alcohol, and according to police, the arresting officer indicated Menor was weaving and wreaked of alcohol.
      Cite?

Stating "1 to 2 small glasses of wine" was definitely a red flag for me. I've been exposed to that exact same statement, word for word, and I learned that it really meant "1 to 2 bottles"! I'm not saying that's true of Menor...just that imbibers caught driving tend to err on the side of less rather than more...or accurate.

Comment

Geez it's getting worse. Now his sons have indicated their father had a lot of alcohol, and according to police, the arresting officer indicated Menor was weaving and wreaked of alcohol.
        Hey Craig. I was wondering if you could post the source of your information, as I was unable to find anything to support your assertion in any published news reports.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Stating "1 to 2 small glasses of wine" was definitely a red flag for me. I've been exposed to that exact same statement, word for word, and I learned that it really meant "1 to 2 bottles"!
          Years ago a shipmate had a rollover car accident, which was reported to the command. He must've been asked about a dozen times times "Were you drinking?" and "Was alcohol involved?" and the answer was "No."

Later that morning the CO dropped by to check on him and asked the question a little differently: "I heard that you hadn't been drinking and that alcohol wasn't involved, so when had you stopped drinking?" The answer was: "Over an hour ago!"
          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Now his sons have indicated their father had a lot of alcohol, and according to police, the arresting officer indicated Menor was weaving and wreaked of alcohol.
            Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Cite?
            Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            Hey Craig. I was wondering if you could post the source of your information, as I was unable to find anything to support your assertion in any published news reports.
            Yeah - I'll third that request, please. Let's clear up whether or not this is just rumor, or truly a deeper hole for him.

P.S.) In this case, the word is spelled "reeked," not "wreaked."

Comment

The plot thickens in the Menor case.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/05/02/news/story.09.html
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

Here's the updated url! Whatta difference (the lack of) a dot makes!

Comment

hi this is sansei and i remember hearing on the news that ron menor's son told police that his father had been drinking heavily and it appear's that he did from what his son told police so i believe this story and this wouldnt be an attack,it's observation from The news.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Thanks for the link FM, Sue and Sansei. I know I read it somewhere in one of the local rags.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I know I read it somewhere in one of the local rags.
                      I don't read their statement
                      In chatting with the boys, (Officer) Moszkowicz mentioned that he looks for people who have been drinking and driving, and one of the boys replied, "Yeah, like Dad," the officer recalled.
                      as quite the same as saying "his sons have indicated their father had a lot of alcohol"
                      ...but yeah, I see how you could interpret it that way, too. No matter what, trouble lies ahead for the man.

Comment

I'm still wondering why Menor refused to submit to the roadside sobriety test and the breathalyzer test at the station. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't such refusal lead to an automatic one year suspension of your license? Whereas if he submitted to all the tests and he was convicted for DUI, a first offense would lead to, at the most, a 90 day license suspension (along with other sanctions like X number of hours for drug/alcohol counseling and community service).

I searched DMV's online record and found that this was, indeed, Menor's first DUI offense.

Does Menor think that he can beat the refusal to submit to tests rap in court? So okay, he argues that his foot was fractured and that this would have hampered his performance on the roadside sobriety test. But what excuse does he have for refusing the breathalyzer test? He can't use his foot injury as an excuse for that.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

But what excuse does he have for refusing the breathalyzer test? He can't use his foot injury as an excuse for that.
                          Uhhhhh...he had his FOOT in his mouth?

I couldn't help myself.

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            Uhhhhh...he had his FOOT in his mouth?

I couldn't help myself.

Auntie Lynn

No wonder he has a foot injury, forensics should check for teeth marks.

Okay so now with the police officer's observations differing from Menor, either the cop's lying or Menor is.

Lying is bad. Bill Clinton was impeached for that, Bush is on the hot seat and is accused of lying. So now Menor is looking like a liar now as well as a drunk, and could also be accused of child endangerment. Is that what we want as a representative in our State government?
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Is that what we want as a representative in our State government?
                              Not anymore.

Didn't Mililani already go through this type of voter betrayal with Rene Mansho?
                              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Hmmm, if anyone living in the 17th senatorial district has any political ambitions, they might want to take a stab at Menor's seat this year.

Sorry Tim and Craig. But there's almost no chance of a Republican emerging as a victor in this area. The successful Democratic challenger who defeats Menor in the primary will likely go on to win the general election as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X