Federal Stimulus Payment Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Stimulus Payment Help

I was curious when I would be receiving my federal stimulus payment. Lo and behold I found this website today which gives a snapshot of when you should be getting your money. In my case, I'm getting it direct deposited tomorrow.

On a related note, I'm curious if a couple filed a joint return, how can you figure when they will be receiving their check. I just talked to my brother, he and his wife filed a joint return. But obviously two different social security numbers.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: Federal Stimulus Payment Help

I thought the money was direct deposited a week or two earlier than expected, but yes the payments are supposed to go out via social security numbers. I know the fed/state tax return came in the same day, about 2 weeks earlier than expected as well.

Aj

Comment

Oh yeah I got stimulated today!!! Now to pay my electric bill for May $412.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I got my money DD'ed on Wednesday. The 600.00 went immediately into my savings account.
        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          I got my money DD'ed on Wednesday. The 600.00 went immediately into my savings account.
          Ditto.

That will fuel up my car for the the next couple of months, at least. Also gotta' set aside some of it for Auntie's Rubbah Slippah fund.
          Last edited by Pomai; May 10, 2008, 10:22 AM.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

According to the website (and the letter I got in the mail) I should have received mine by May 9th, but I didn't....

Comment

from the website linked above in the first post:

Your total Stimulus payment was calculated as $1,800.00 and consists of the following:
              • Basic Amount: $1,200.00.
              • Qualifying Child Amount: $600.00 (Based on 2 qualifying children).

Your payment of $1,800.00 is scheduled to be deposited to your bank on May 16, 2008. If you do not receive the credit by May 21, 2008, please contact us again. We are unable to take any action until then.
              woo - hoo!
              I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post

On a related note, I'm curious if a couple filed a joint return, how can you figure when they will be receiving their check. I just talked to my brother, he and his wife filed a joint return. But obviously two different social security numbers.
                The hubby and I file a joint return. On the return, he is listed as the taxpayer (I think) and I am listed as the spouse (although I am also a taxpayer and actually make more money than him - shhh). Anyways, since he is the main person (taxpayer) on the return, I used his ss number to figure out when we would be receiving our money (direct deposit).

edit:
                I just went to the website again and used my ss number and got the same info as before, so I guess you can use either ...
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X