Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Purchases of the Day

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    I bought a KFC twister for lunch today. It made me happy, so it gets some props here.
    *lol* you're always worth a giggle, mike.

i almost forgot to post about a shoe purchase i made last month at waikele's nine west outlet, which is a pair of strappy red/wine/black dressy sandals for about $40. i love these shoes! even though they're four inches high, they're very comfortable to wear (well, for shoes that are four inches high) because of the way the straps are constructed. i can walk quickly and dance in them quite comfortably and worry little about falling in them because they feel so secure on my foot. plus, the color combination goes great with what's already in my wardrobe. they're a great punch of sass when i wear them with my strapless black bubble-skirted satin dress, like i did for a christmas dinner & drinks at aaron's ala moana. they heighten the style of cream colored slacks paired with a red t-shirt embellished with silver abstract art plus a newsboy cap, which was the outfit i wore for this new year's eve at duke's waikiki. they'll do well if i wear them with an ethnic maxi dress that i have, too. i'm sure i'll get a lot of wear out of them. bonus is that they're not too complicated for me to remove when i'm drunk . that's actually a factor i consider when buying dress shoes. after coming home from celebrating NYE 2005, i almost poked eric's eye out with a stiletto when he had to undress me because i was too sloshed to do it myself. boy, our relationship woulda ended right quick if that disaster weren't averted....
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
    X