Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last night's dreams...share & translate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night's dreams...share & translate!

tutusue's post in the "state the last thing you did before bed" thread about dreaming of eating a cookie while getting a facial peel is the inspiration for this thread.

i invite you to share what you remember of your dreams and nightmares last night. tell us if you think you understand what your dream meant. or, if you don't know what the heck your crazy mid-night musings could represent, i am sure an HTer would be willing to help with some insights. it is often said that your dreams and nightmares can sometimes be a way for your subconscious mind to comment on aspects of your conscious life.

all i remember of any of my dreams last night (we all have more than one each night, whether we remember or not) is something about wearing gray pin-striped pants. eric, some other people (maybe my friends?) and i were all wearing grey, pin-striped pants, and i was anxious about it. maybe i dream that because those are the pants i plan to wear when we take his mom out for mother's day lunch. i always get a little anxious about my sartorial ensemble for a special event. *shrug*

when i got out of bed about at about 6:30 this morning, eric was smiling sweetly in his sleep. i would love to know what he's dreaming!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Re: last night's dreams...share & translate!

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    [...](we all have more than one each night, whether we remember or not)[...]
    I never remember my dreams except for the ones that occur if I go back to sleep after waking up around 5am. Those dreams are vivid!

Comment

my dream the other night (can't remember last night's) was that my oldest dog had died and was placed on the laundry hamper (it's a tall basket). my other dog, a beagle, who had passed two years ago was licking her head and trying to wake her up. she was telling her to go with her. i told the beagle, "no. i want her to stay with me." i woke up only to find that my girl was curled up right next to me.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Lately I've been dreaming a lot. I don't know why but the last one was pretty bad. It was of a small child born with no arms and legs on a conveyor belt along with other body parts of other people.

This conveyor belt was moving these body parts as if they were being discarded. But this child was still alive and screaming for the machine to stop.

My wife woke me up asking me what I wanted to have stopped? That was an intense dream.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Being that HT has some minors in the audience, I won't divulge every detail of last night's dream for me.

I'll just say it involved a beach, Cheryl Burke cooking me some bacon for breakfast, a bed of rose petals, my camera, and a month's time with no one around. And no, we ain't dancin'.

I think my subconscious was reminding me to stick to my promise-to-self of marrying a Filipina, and stop leading on these two non-Filipinas. EDIT: or maybe that I'm just a pig
          Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
            Being that HT has some minors in the audience, I won't divulge every detail of last night's dream for me.

I'll just say it involved a beach, Cheryl Burke cooking me some bacon for breakfast, a bed of rose petals, my camera, and a month's time with no one around. And no, we ain't dancin'.

I think my subconscious was reminding me to stick to my promise-to-self of marrying a Filipina, and stop leading on these two non-Filipinas. EDIT: or maybe that I'm just a pig

well, i guess that would mean how one would define "dancin."
            "chaos reigns within.
            order shall return."

Comment

Last night I dreamt I was returning
              and my heart called out to you
              But I fear you won't be like I left you
              Me kealoha ku'u home o Kahaluu
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                well, i guess that would mean how one would define "dancin."
                As in smooth romantic slow and sweaty dancing? Or a victory dance like the chicken dance?

Hey babe let's do the Hekka tonight
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

um. well, that would all depend on you and your partner. what ever gets your groove on i suppose. blush. not!
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Weirdest Dream of my Life.

I'm surrounded by ocean and I'm drowning. I'm thrashing wildly around and I'm still sinking. I'm about to swallow water....

And then I wake up. Like actually wake up.

And this is the peculiar part.

I'm choking. I feel like I'm still drowning in that ocean from my dream, even though I'm sitting up in my bed. The next thing you know, I just start puking out water all over the floor next to my bed.
                    www.davidcarvalhowasright.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by weirdhawaii View Post
                      Weirdest Dream of my Life.

I'm surrounded by ocean and I'm drowning. I'm thrashing wildly around and I'm still sinking. I'm about to swallow water....

And then I wake up. Like actually wake up.

And this is the peculiar part.

I'm choking. I feel like I'm still drowning in that ocean from my dream, even though I'm sitting up in my bed. The next thing you know, I just start puking out water all over the floor next to my bed.
                      damn, vodka messes you up pretty bad

I had an ocean-related dream a couple nights ago. I was standing on a sea wall watching a fishing boat in distress. I noticed it was being circled by 5 different kinds of sharks. I jumped in the water to protect the boat's crew. I put four of the sharks in sleeper holds until they pass out. The last shark's a small great white (about 7 or 8 feet). It grabs my right ankle with its mouth, but doesn't bite down. I got super pissed at the shark, called it a b***h, kicked its snout, and it ran away. Mike saves the day.
                      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

mike, you seem to have a number of wish fulfillment dreams. it reinforces my perception of you as an irrepressible optimist.

last night, i dreamt that a coworker of mine (whom i'm not very close with) told me she was about to get married. she effusively went on about how much she loved her fiance. the scene of this dream was an amagam of our office floor and one of the buildings at HPU. we were having a party on the balcony. in the dream, the balcony had a lot of potted plants and vined arbors (in real life, no plants at all). and the reason for the party was not the first coworker's upcoming wedding, but for us to watch the bj penn fight.

i woke up from that dream to see eric beside me, with his arm crooked in the air as if he had his arm around someone. funny how sometimes his body acts out his dreams.

anyway, i think my dream combined several things from real life: eric and i are throwing a memorial day indoor/outdoor party (the first party we've thrown in a long while, so i'm a little anxious about it), plus my coworker had just told me she and her b/f were taking the superferry to maui this weekend (something i'm a little jealous of - i wanna go on the superferry, too!) and lastly, i'm trying to change my black thumb into a green one and have recently bought six plants. thankfully, none have died - yet!
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Let's see if anyone can unravel this tangled web...

It begins with myself and three other people (whose identities change throughout the dream) riding in my grandfather's van. We stop next to this mountain range and they all get out. I stay inside, finding the range to be threatening. Strangely enough, I don't have the ability to speak in this dream, so I communicate with pantomime.
                          The rest of the party decides that they don't care what I want to do and they drag me along anyway. One of the party (right now being my closest cousin) tries to comfort me, telling me that Alice Cooper is holding a concert along the trail, and we can stop and see him perform.

We walk along this valley filled with dead, knee-high grass and tangled weeds. Occasionally, we pass by a dead animal.
                          As we keep walking, we find ourselves at a beach...but, it was dark, cold and rainy. Still, that didn't stop people from playing there. An odd thing to note is that every person had their names floating above their heads.
                          We didn't stay long, chiefly due to the fact that I ran ahead because the people there were trying to get me to take off my sweatshirt and boots (I never leave home without 'em!)

While two of our party stay behind, I walk on ahead with the remaining person who turns out to be my ex from two years ago. He takes me to a swamp with a house resting in the muck. So, we go in and he shows me pictures of when we were dating and pictures of his current life.
                          I get very emotional (I still miss him in real life) and we leave the house.

We walk back to the valley and one more person joins us, who turns out to be my mother. Note that now it is nightfall and you can barely see anything. My ex has gone and is replaced by some guy I've never seen in my life. I remember him being tall and broad, but not fat or overly muscled. It is only at this point that I can talk.
                          He takes a lit candle out of a bag. Out of the bag, he also pulls a deformed, dark green colored baby that has bleeding stitches all over its body. The man announces that I have to give something to the baby.
                          After rooting around in my pocket, I find a pair of eyeballs. Noticing that the baby has no eyes, I give them to him/her. My mother takes the baby from the man and throws it onto the ground, killing it.

My mom has disappeared, so the man and I walk back to the van alone. He drives on, I light up a cigarette, and he hands me a very thin book.
                          The book tells me that I've done wisely, but I need to be careful not to kill the Princess.

I'm just as confused as you are, folks.
                          Last edited by LonLeroux; May 26, 2008, 04:58 AM.
                          Hail to the Chief Bloomenbergensteinenthal, shiksa.

Comment

I woke up once I was downstairs and the kids were yelling 'Mom! It's the dream again, there IS no baby!'

But it feels so dang real! I just KNOW that I've forgotten a baby in a carseat somewhere til it's starved and frozen!

So I go back to my be and try to calm down and count the children that I have on my fingers.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I once dreamt that I won a million dollars. I don't think I need to translate that one.

Seriously, I rarely remember my dreams. Unless it has some kinda sad outcome. Like death.

Comment

Working...
                              X