Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar Solo Song/Artist Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar Solo Song/Artist Recommendations?

Al Di Meola - Land of the Midnight Sun

One of the greatest guitarists recording one of the greatest Jazz Fusion albums (1976) of all time. Every song/suite on the album is pure perfection.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
      Al Di Meola - Land of the Midnight Sun

One of the greatest guitarists recording one of the greatest Jazz Fusion albums (1976) of all time. Every song/suite on the album is pure perfection.
      I had thought to suggest him also but since rock was the request and he's more progressive jazz fusion whatevas. No one's quicker, that's for sure.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Tahiti Sunset was an attempt by me to do an instrumental ballad with a strong rock guitar tone, so yes.....not very "rockish" but I'm happy with it. Since I do my own recording, cran had the unfortunate circumstance of hearing me doing take after take of recording the melodies I wanted, so she's pretty sick of that song LOL Poor thing, but she's so supportive of what I do.

Battle March was a short instrumental featuring 3 styles of lead guitar playing: shredding, harmony guitars, and finger-tapping. A friend was putting together a website and wanted intro music, so I recorded that for her.

Another guitarist to look into is a guy named Doug Aldrich. He played guitar with Dio and is now with Whitesnake. He has a few instrumental recordings you can get at his website that are amazing. The other guitar player in Whitesnake is Reb Beach. He also used to play with Winger. He has an amazing jazz fusion instrumental CD with a strong rock guitar sound. Good stuff.

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

i knew you guys would come up with some great suggestions. some of the names are new to me and i'm absolutely sure that i'll be blown away. thanks!

(ps: have you guys read this guy's lists? http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/ some of his comments are absolutely hilarious! e.g., 10 most annoying singers, the 10 cheesiest singers of all time, the 25 worst rappers of all time, etc.)
          Last edited by shaveice; May 15, 2008, 10:41 PM.
          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Danny Gatton and Roy Buchanan,both from D.C.,both suicides,and some of the most amazing guitar you'll ever hear. There used to be a Gatton video on Youtube of him playing slide with a full Heineken bottle,foam and all. Then he decides it's messy so he plays with a towel and all the notes are still clear! He played every style and usually mixed them all together. Merle Travis and Chet Atkins of course,too

Comment

Working...
            X