Doing Business in HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing Business in HI

I searched the threads and could not find anything regarding a discussion of doing business in Hawaii (I probably missed it). I am curious if anyone knows anything about filing an LLC in Hawaii? How much is it? What are the advantages/disadvantages of filing in Hawaii over New York or Ohio or......(as I understand it, you can file in any state?) I am on a learning curve in this department and need to find out more. Of course I am doing research on this by myself, But I wondered if anyone had any insight? Thanks.

Re: Doing Business in HI

Check out the State of Hawaii’s website for the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs...it’s the entity that a business must register with to do business in Hawaii......www.businessregistrations.com.....hope this is helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms_Aloha_Nui View Post
      Check out the State of Hawaii’s website for the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs...it’s the entity that a business must register with to do business in Hawaii......www.businessregistrations.com.....hope this is helpful!
      Thank you. It is very helpful!

Comment

part of what makes it more or less appealing to file your business in one state versus the other is what laws are applicable, like tax & regulatory laws. laws governing LLCs differ from state to state.

additionally, i think you can't file willy nilly in any state you want. you actually have to do business with others in that state or you have to do business from that state, if i remember correctly.

i know there's more but i can't remember much of my bus law 1000 at this hour, and i don't know if my business law book is in storage or hiding somewhere in this house....
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          additionally, i think you can't file willy nilly in any state you want. you actually have to do business with others in that state or you have to do business from that state, if i remember correctly.
          I've seen Nevada and Delaware Corporations that don't appear to do business in either state. But of course, the rules in Hawaii may be different.

Comment

I've got a Hawaii based LLC in my back pocket (it's been dormant for about 10 years). I'd be happy to sell it to anyone for what I paid, which is $300.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
            X