• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free diet plans online

If you're looking for a resource with advice from experts...here it is:

www.sparkpeople.com

Re: Free diet plans online

Also popular:

All of them, plus SparkPeople, have been discussed and recommended on my favorite advice site, Ask MetaFilter.

Comment

Anyone try the Simeons weightloss cure protocol?

I've been on it for 13 days, and I've lost 10 Ibs. so far. And, it's not water weight either. I've got 12 days out of 23 to go and expect to lose another 10-15 Ibs. in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Well, it's now been 23 days and I've lost 20 Ibs. Not hungry, lots of energy. This Simeons diet protocol is awesome. Haven't weighed this light since I was a sophomore in college 18 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          Well, it's now been 23 days and I've lost 20 Ibs. Not hungry, lots of energy. This Simeons diet protocol is awesome. Haven't weighed this light since I was a sophomore in college 18 years ago.
          Isn't that the diet plan hawked by Kevin Trudeau?

Comment

That's the one. I understand it was also used in the 70's, but probably got squashed by the FDA, because it threatened a multi billion dollar weightloss industry that sells scams and doesn't confront the real problem with the food we eat and the stuff they put in it.

Comment

Btw- I'd personally like to punch him in the nose for being sleazy, but his weightloss cure book is great, and has tons of practical and sound advice for weightloss. It's based on Dr. A.T.W. Simeon's manuscript. The book promotes the manuscript and has made contribution to improving it a little.

In this case, I'd say to not judge the book by it's author, but by it's content. This is the only diet that's worked for me, and apparently thousands of others. Just check out Youtube and type in "HCG". There are series of videoss of people that have followed it. You can actually see them getting thinner with each progressive clip as they record themselves throughout the course and share their experiences.

Comment

Well, so far so good. I've been on a 3-week maintenance phase of eating as much as I want, except starches and simple sugars, and I haven't gained a pound. In fact, I lost another for a total of 21. I've been off the diet entirely since last Thursday, but still monitoring my carb intake, and I'm still maintaining my weight. On Thursday, I had a fish burger, french fries and a 12 oz beer. Saturday night, I had steak, chicken, caesar salad and more beer than you can shake a stick at, and I still haven't gained. This morning, I weighed in at my lowest weight achieved during the diet phase. Guess my metabolism has been reset like the diet instructions said.... at least for the time being anyway.

Comment

Hi bobinator can you give me the gist of the book and diet so I do not have to buy one.

thanks
                  Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

The Book is "The Weightloss Cure "They" Don't want you to Know About" by Kevin Trudeau. There's way too much ground to cover, but you can get a free copy of the original manuscript entitled, "Pounds and Inches", by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons. I have it in PDF, but if you do a Google search, you should be able to find it. Not sure I can post a PDF on this site.
                    If you like, I can E-mail it to you.

There's also a lot of clips on youtube you can watch. People who are on the diet take you through their experiences.

I would advise you get the book, but beware of Trudeau's sleaze tactic of making you pay for monthly newsletters through your credit card unless you submit a form to cancel the "automatic" subscription. I'm not even sure they won't try something anyway just to squeeze a few extra bucks out of you. Maybe you can even find a copy at a local library. E-bay or Amazon's another option.

Comment

Thanks, I will do the research. Ya can't blame a girl for trying. I will look for it to purchase.

But Bob will the diet work without the shot they are talking about or do you have to go somewhere to get it?

Thanks
                      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Ummm, it seems like this diet expects people to restrict their intake of food to 500 calories a day?! Did I read that right? It sure doesn't sound very healthy, but of course anybody would shed a ton of weight if they only ate 500 calories every day. Wierd! But maybe I misinterpreted something...?
                        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Cnecki View Post
                          Thanks, I will do the research. Ya can't blame a girl for trying. I will look for it to purchase.

But Bob will the diet work without the shot they are talking about or do you have to go somewhere to get it?

Thanks
                          You have to order the HCG overseas. Only a few places in the world produce the stuff. Mine's came from Europe. This is where I got mine: www.hcgweight.com. There's also a forum you can ask questions and stuff from people currently doing the diet. I log on periodically.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                            Ummm, it seems like this diet expects people to restrict their intake of food to 500 calories a day?! Did I read that right? It sure doesn't sound very healthy, but of course anybody would shed a ton of weight if they only ate 500 calories every day. Wierd! But maybe I misinterpreted something...?
                            It's actually quite safe. The hcg causes the body to metabolize around 2,000 calories of your stored problem area fat. Supplement that with your 500 calories, and you're getting close to what you eat normally anyway. Besides, you're forced to eat good stuff. You'd be surpised how much vitamins and minerals are in stored fat. Studies showed no nutritional deficiencies during this diet with hcg. I never felt any...

The only downside for women is that you can't use oil based makeup, and you have to time it with your menses. The oil gets absorbed through your skin and counteracts the effects of the hcg. Guess you already guessed you can't cook with oil either.

I'll admit, the diet takes discipline, but it's worth it when you see your body changing shape and your scale registering lower numbers every day without much suffering. Most of my suffering was having to cook my 2 meals every single day and use a kitchen scale to measure everything. I would have occassional weakness in the legs, but never the shakes. Guess the glycogen was always on low so the body had to go after the fat stores on demand. However, I never got mentally fatigued, dizzy, etc. And, I never lost muscle mass.I also never had cravings and have lost some of the ones I had.

If you did 500 calories a day without the hcg, you'd be losing muscle, eating your shoe and crawling on all fours, biting the heads off your family and co-workers.

I spoke to an old pharmacist friend who knows about using hcg for weightloss. Says it's been used in the Phillipines for years. This is not something new, just a well hidden secret the FDA doesn't want you to know about for good reason- It threatens the multi-billion dollar diet industry that promotes diets and sells things that don't work. Capitalism at its worse.

One of the awesome things about the hcg is that its supposed to cause the skin to shrink as well, so you don't end up with wings (if you know what I mean). I've seen photos of this. Type "hcg" on youtube and watch.
                            Last edited by Bobinator; August 18, 2008, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                              That's the one. I understand it was also used in the 70's, but probably got squashed by the FDA, because it threatened a multi billion dollar weightloss industry that sells scams and doesn't confront the real problem with the food we eat and the stuff they put in it.
                              What is the source of the HCG? Isn't HCG a hormone extracted from urine of pregnant women? It seems to me if someone is concerned about "the stuff" that is put in food, well, sticking a needle full of a mystery urine product would be of more concern than "the stuff" they put in food.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X