Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to fly on American Airlines anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to fly on American Airlines anymore?

I sure hope other airlines will not follow American.

Re: Who wants to fly on American Airlines anymore?

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    I sure hope other airlines will not follow American.
    While I've never flown American in my life and my FF miles lay with Continental and Hawaiian, my heart sank when I saw that article.

Wasn't American one of the first carriers to implement the Buy on Board food service? Other carriers began their Food for Purchase systems shortly thereafter. I know it's only a matter of time before all of them will start charging for the FIRST bag as well.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Ridiculous! This would just totally hurt my interisland travel even more! Things like this just make think that maybe the ferry isn't such a bad idea
      www.davidcarvalhowasright.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

more reason to stay home and be a bum
        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
          While I've never flown American in my life and my FF miles lay with Continental and Hawaiian, my heart sank when I saw that article.

Wasn't American one of the first carriers to implement the Buy on Board food service? Other carriers began their Food for Purchase systems shortly thereafter. I know it's only a matter of time before all of them will start charging for the FIRST bag as well.
          You're not missing much not having flown AA. Their planes are old and beat up. Service, what's that?

I'm waiting for some entrepreneur to restart airship services to cut back on fuel consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
            I sure hope other airlines will not follow
            Bank on it! They are all going to do it. More and more people are going to use carry ons which means longer waits in security.

We haven't even begun to see the impacts that rising fuel costs are going to have on all of us. This is going to get ugly.

Ofa 'atu
            Mui Houma
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Bank on it! They are all going to do it. More and more people are going to use carry ons which means longer waits in security.
              According to "Fee for all: Avoid New Airline Baggage Charges,"

"“It’s going to slow the boarding process,” predicts Jonathan Yarmis, a frequent flier and technology industry analyst Weston, Conn. “Flights will take longer to board. Things will run late. That’s going to cost airlines way more than the revenue they generate.” "

and "In fact, you should carry on the maximum luggage you’re allowed. Take your time boarding, too. If enough passengers do, then it could put this ill-advised fee out of its misery."

Comment

In addition to longer boarding and disembarking it seems to me there could be more chances for injuries from the plethora of bags, most stuffed as full as possible and heavier than normal, going into and pulled out of the overhead bins.

This is just such a bad PR move. Why not just add $15. to the price of the ticket and blame it on the rising cost of fuel? While none of us likes that, it's still something we understand and can relate to. But to charge a traveler to bring a suitcase...WTF?

Comment

I can already imagine the nightmare...

You're in the TSA line with a family of 5, all the kids are under the age of 10. The family has huge carryons because they refuse to pay the extra $75 to check in a bag. They think they have all their liquids secure, but they forget about one or two tucked away in their bags. They're holding up the line. Kids are crying because getting through security's taking so long. Passengers behind them start crying too because this darn family's holding up the line thanks to AA's new bag charge.

Remind me to steer clear of the AA's security checkpoint next time I'm at HNL.
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Most all of my frequent flyer miles are on AA. If I no use 'em, poho.

But when the other airlines start this fee, I'm back where I began, right? I heard that frequent flyers will get a break, but nothing firm.

Lately, I been flying Hawaiian. AA's lack of a direct flight between San Jose and Honolulu is a major factor. Who wants to fly an hour down to LA, put up with the wait between flights, THEN continue on to Honolulu? You've wasted most of a day that way, not considering the further possibility of an unscheduled delay.
                    Last edited by Palama Kid; May 22, 2008, 03:37 PM. Reason: Meant to end with . . . "on schedule delay."
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Just bought a ticket on AA two days before. Shame on me .

Comment

Working...
                      X