Halawa murder-suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halawa murder-suicide

hi this is sansei and i heard on the news a lady was killed by her husband and then the husband killed himself so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time
    Last edited by admin; May 28, 2008, 07:59 AM. Reason: Renamed thread.

Re: heard on the news a lady was killed by her husband

In the immortal words of Barney Rubble: "Gee, tanks, Fred."

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to Leo Lakio,lol!:O)

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Let's see, now....it had to have something to do with either money or sex...or maybe he was depressed or nuts.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't find it funny that a man and a woman was killed. In fact, it is very depressing. Families are left behind to mourn and live with pain in their hearts. My MAMA was only ten years old when her father shot and killed her mom on Vineyard Blvd. over seventy years ago while her and her sister hid under the bed watching. She was left orphaned an raised in The Salvation Army Homes. My grand-parents are buried somewhere in the old Waialae Public Grave Yard which became Waialae Drive Inn.
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I don't think anyone thinks it's funny, 1stwahine, 'though I understand your discomfort. The blunt manner in which this thread was titled and the strange way the initial post was worded (with no real commentary) made me uncomfortable, too, which I think is why Leo Lakio responded the way he did. Then sansei didn't read that discomfort in Leo's post and responded in a way that made the whole thing even more discomforting.

Domestic violence is never something to joke about, 'though I don't see any joking here. I think it's a shame that when someone says "murder-suicide," we all know exactly what that means. Why do we have a term for this in our culture? Because it happens too frequently not to give it a name. I feel awful for the teenaged daughter who (according to the last thing I read) still hasn't been located by police.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

According to this morning's Advertiser report, she was. I go get the the url.
              http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...e=nletter-news

"Doble said she spoke yesterday to the couple's daughter, who is 18 and was not at home at the time of the shooting.

"I told (the daughter) to be strong," Doble said. "It's hard to be alone. Everything she made was perfect. It is so sad."

Lynn

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to scrivener and 1st wahine,i didnt mean it to be lol,i only responded to leo lakio who may have not meant it to be lol.i know this isnt humor since the time when the guy from Kapahulu killed his wife and that was my Aunt's neighbor who the husband who had killed his wife committed suicide in jail so i apologize for posting this.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

How on earth was permission given to turn a cemetary into a drive-in?!
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sansei, Scriv explained it to me.

It's me...I'm having one of my moments.

It's a very touchy and personal topic for me.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                      How on earth was permission given to turn a cemetary into a drive-in?!
                      When you Rich and you in Politics!

The Answer is Hiram Fong owned the land. Now the property has been turned into homes. There is still a small section left as the cemetery. I need to go find them before it's too late.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                        I don't think anyone thinks it's funny, 1stwahine, 'though I understand your discomfort. The blunt manner in which this thread was titled and the strange way the initial post was worded (with no real commentary) made me uncomfortable, too, which I think is why Leo Lakio responded the way he did. Then sansei didn't read that discomfort in Leo's post and responded in a way that made the whole thing even more discomforting.
                        Thanks, Scrivener.

Comment

Re: Halawa murder-suicide

It's a touchy subject for me as well.

Some of you may remember an Aiea man killling his son, daughter, and wife before shooting himself in 1992. The only survivor was their 3 year old son, who played in the front yard for days by himself before neighbors found it strange and called the police. The man's wife was my auntie.

I remember the Star Bulletin captured powerful images of my cousin crying as the policeman carried him to our relatives.

That 3 year old son is now a grown 20 year old in Culinary School at KCC.
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                            It's a touchy subject for me as well.

Some of you may remember an Aiea man killling his son, daughter, and wife before shooting himself in 1992. The only survivor was their 3 year old son, who played in the front yard for days by himself before neighbors found it strange and called the police. The man's wife was my auntie.

I remember the Star Bulletin captured powerful images of my cousin crying as the policeman carried him to our relatives.

That 3 year old son is now a grown 20 year old in Culinary School at KCC.

And somehow, the casualties grow up, fighting their own inner battles. Bless that young man. I cannot imagine his perspective. What a hard way to learn how to appreciate life and love.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              And somehow, the casualties grow up, fighting their own inner battles. Bless that young man. I cannot imagine his perspective. What a hard way to learn how to appreciate life and love.
                              Hopefully this young man has no memory of that tragic time that occurred when he was 3. That's an age where a child may or may not remember. At 18, the daughter of the subject of this thread will never forget.

A friend of the lady who was murdered mentioned on the news last night that the couple married just last Feb...3 months ago. It also sounded like she said something about the lady marrying for insurance reasons. I undertood that to mean health insurance. The friend had a strong accent so I caught only bits and pieces. Evidently the couple had already separated, the wife and her daughter were staying with family, and the wife returned to pick up some clothes thinking the husband was a work...according to one news report.

Such a sad situation as is the Dikitos...4 children left behind; the oldest at 18 is a father himself and left in charge of his 3 minor aged sisters.

Comment

Working...
                              X