Jose Canseco's Fight Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Canseco's Fight Challenge

Jose Canseco challenge any ex-athlete to a boxing match for 5 grand. Vai Sikahema accepted the challenge. Even though Jose Canseco is twice his size, my money is on Vai Sikahema.

Re: Jose Canseco's Fight Challenge

Calling Don Muraco!

Or how about Jesse Sapolu?

Randy Couture, since he's sort of not fighting anymore, would be an awesome choice to step into a ring with Jose and shut him up.

Comment

Calling Fiamalu Penitani (aka Musashimaru)...

Or Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock), former college football player, former pro wrestler...

Or Kurt Angle, former Olympic wrestler...
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Five grand, he won't get many takers. Fifty grand, I'll be right over!
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Whoa, Canseco is hurting for money. If it's PPV, will anyone purchase? Not me, unless he's fighting BJ Penn!
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

I hope Vai kills'em in the ring and ends this sideshow act's career. It's painful watching him go below rock bottom, cruise through the mantle, and head straight to the earth's core.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

5 grand??? that can't possibly be the prize; it's not even enough to fill up da tank!?!?!?
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I don't think Canseco is "twice his size," but I'm with Kornheiser and Wilbon, who hope that if this fight happens, Sikahema teaches Canseco a lesson. I'm a lifelong Oakland Athletics fan and loved Canseco when he played for them. Like everyone else who follows sports, I've lamented the sad waste of talent that turned him into a joke. I felt pretty good for him when the aftermath of the Juiced book lent him some amount of credibility, then lamented again the way he rode that into yet another joke.

There are all kinds of ways Canseco would legitimately find himself back in the spotlight he craves so much, and he may have to work a little harder for a paycheck that way, but I do hope he decides on one of them, because he, a man who cheated in order to help his teams win, shouldn't be more of an outcast than Pete Rose, a man who possibly cheated in order to help his teams lose, and yet he is.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  I don't think Canseco is "twice his size," but I'm with Kornheiser and Wilbon, who hope that if this fight happens, Sikahema teaches Canseco a lesson. I'm a lifelong Oakland Athletics fan and loved Canseco when he played for them. Like everyone else who follows sports, I've lamented the sad waste of talent that turned him into a joke. I felt pretty good for him when the aftermath of the Juiced book lent him some amount of credibility, then lamented again the way he rode that into yet another joke.

There are all kinds of ways Canseco would legitimately find himself back in the spotlight he craves so much, and he may have to work a little harder for a paycheck that way, but I do hope he decides on one of them, because he, a man who cheated in order to help his teams win, shouldn't be more of an outcast than Pete Rose, a man who possibly cheated in order to help his teams lose, and yet he is.
                  I'm thinking "Dancing With the Stars".
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                    5 grand??? that can't possibly be the prize; it's not even enough to fill up da tank!?!?!?
                    5K sounds like a manini amount. But I think Jose Canseco's promoter didn't want to offer too much because of expenses. They were phising for any ex-athlete to accept their fight challenge. No disrespect to Vai Sikahema(but he did go to BYU) they was hoping for a bigger name ex-athlete. They send out the bait, and would have switch if a bigger name came along. I looked up Vai Sikahema's bio on Wikapedia to see if he had a connection to Hawaii by playing H.S football here. Instead, Vai Sikahema's nephew by marriage is Napolean Dynamite "gosh" Jon Heder. I'm confused trying to figure out how the family tree work in how they are related.
                    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; May 28, 2008, 07:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                      Five grand, he won't get many takers. Fifty grand, I'll be right over!
                      Meh. I'd do it for free. But the money would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                        I hope Vai kills'em in the ring and ends this sideshow act's career. It's painful watching him go below rock bottom, cruise through the mantle, and head straight to the earth's core.
                        I don't know about pain. I'm just sick and tired of Canseco's smug mug.

Comment

The Jose Canseco and Vai Sikahema fight is scheduled to be on Pay Per View today. Let's Get It On!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            The Jose Canseco and Vai Sikahema fight is scheduled to be on Pay Per View today. Let's Get It On!
                            I'll wait for YouTube.

Comment

This Just In:
                              Vai Sikahema knocked out Jose Canseco in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                              X