No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Aunty Pupule - did you have a hard time at Honolulu Hale today? I hope you aren't too hard on us in your blog.
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
    Aunty Pupule - did you have a hard time at Honolulu Hale today? I hope you aren't too hard on us in your blog.
    heheheh

I'm fifty-two years old. I've never gone past the first floor. All I wanted was to take my application of nomination papers to run for City Council. I was told to go to the third floor. I went from office to office. Den I was shown the correct place on the first floor. Submitted my application den was told to wait while they check my background and information. I left and came back. Faith gave me my packet and instructed me to get fifteen signatures or more of my fellow registered voters from my district. I also have to read the information from the Campaign Spending Commission.

Over all, it's been quite an interesting day!

Everyone was helpful and friendly.

Mahalo

Auntie Pupule

btw: Yes. I am running.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Everyone was helpful and friendly
      Oh, I'm glad! Sorry about the runaround but I'm glad you found it eventually.

btw: Yes. I am running.
      GOOD LUCK!! All I have to say is, LOOK OUT ROMY!!!
      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

It has begun...

I've been busy talking and getting signatures!

So much I have to learn and do.

Priority is to do for the people and to remain humble.

Truth and Compassion is the key for me.

I've asked to have my name on the ballot be

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Way to go Aunty Lynn! Good luck on your campaign.
          "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
          Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            It has begun...

I've been busy talking and getting signatures!

So much I have to learn and do.

Priority is to do for the people and to remain humble.

Truth and Compassion is the key for me.

I've asked to have my name on the ballot be

Auntie Lynn
            C'mon Aunty. You know people start out with good intentions but after they get elected, they only care about the photo op and looking good on TV.

Anyways. Good look to you. My poor friends at Romy's office though, now they gotta work on Romy's campaign, outside of Honolulu Hale of course.

Too bad I didn't catch you in the building, I could've said hello.

Comment

Yep, she's filed according to the latest Elections Office report:

Code:
              COUNCIL MEMBER
              ** COUNCILMEMBER HONOLULU COUNCIL DISTRICT VII **
              (NS) VASQUEZ, ALYN L A 545 N Kukui St., 13C Honolulu 96817 (808) 847-2221 5/30/2008 City
              ** ** COUNCILMEMBER HONOLULU COUNCIL DISTRICT VII ** SUBTOTAL: 1 **
              http://hawaii.gov/elections/candidates/

To get the latest candidates list PDF from the elections office click on the link that says: Candidate Filing Report
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by 68-eldo View Post
                Way to go Aunty Lynn! Good luck on your campaign.
                Mahalo Eldo.

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                C'mon Aunty. You know people start out with good intentions but after they get elected, they only care about the photo op and looking good on TV.

Anyways. Good look to you. My poor friends at Romy's office though, now they gotta work on Romy's campaign, outside of Honolulu Hale of course.

Too bad I didn't catch you in the building, I could've said hello.
                Eh! You know me betta den dat...I already told PK, we will stay at MWH even if I get elected. I am the product of the people. I know the problems first hand. Been there...done dat. Me no shame. I am what I am because what I went through. He who have not sin cast the first stone.

Ainokea.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Aunty Lynn, I am sure as a candidate you will be quick on your feet and able to answer any kind of question on any issue the media and public will throw at you. So as a potential councilmember, I'll fire off the first question.

Where do you stand on the issue of rail transit for Honolulu? Are you for or against the rail project? Do you support the voter initiative effort to put the rail question on the ballot?
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    Aunty Lynn, I am sure as a candidate you will be quick on your feet and able to answer any kind of question on any issue the media and public will throw at you. So as a potential councilmember, I'll fire off the first question.

Where do you stand on the issue of rail transit for Honolulu? Are you for or against the rail project? Do you support the voter initiative effort to put the rail question on the ballot?
                    ...and perhaps your answer should be put in the "Rail Transit" thread, so that all the folks interested in this issue will see your response (as they may not think to look in this thread); or start a new "Ask Candidate Pupule" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                      ...and perhaps your answer should be put in the "Rail Transit" thread, so that all the folks interested in this issue will see your response (as they may not think to look in this thread); or start a new "Ask Candidate Pupule" thread.
                      Mahalo Leo.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

...oh, and the best of luck to you in your run for political office. I know you have the best motivation - you really want to get things moving and changing, especially for citizens whose voices are not heard. Just remember - you can make a difference throughout the campaign, getting spotlights on the issues that concern you; you don't have to wait until you win or lose to get people thinking.

Comment

Go Aunty!!

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                            I just filed my papers and have the task of collecting signatures. It's too soon for me to be making public statements about each and every issue, until I've had a chance to research them further. The transition from private citizen to public candidate is not instantaneous, and my first focus has to be on assembling my election team, making connections with experts and gathering details. Public pronouncements on issues will come before long.

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                            Go Aunty!!
                            Mahalo

Auntie Lynn

Comment

In The Advertiser this morning:
                              http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...LOCALNEWSFRONT

"Lynn Vasquez, a Kalihi resident, has declared her intent to challenge Cachola. She said that God inspired her to run for elected office.

"I'm an advocate for the homeless and the hungry. I see so many things happening in my area and there is nothing being done as far as I'm concerned," said Vasquez, who has lived in Kalihi her entire life. "I don't have money, but I have heart."

I told him moa den dat.

So I wrote it on my Blog on the Advertiser which was featured on the front page this morning. http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap....dll/frontpage

The url is too long for the direct link to my page.

Love and Aloha,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X