No announcement yet.

Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uh-Oh! I think I just met Aunty Pupule!

That is absolutely adorable Auntie! It must run in the family.
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Go Auntie Go!!!

Best wishes for today!!!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
        That is absolutely adorable Auntie! It must run in the family.
        heheheh...

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        Go Auntie Go!!!

Best wishes for today!!!
        Mahalo.

I voted at Kaiulani School. It was simple. When I saw my name on the ballot, I laughed out loud. Everything came back to me from the start on how it all began...I would do it again.

You gotta have HEART. Make a difference in your community. You can't be afraid. Have Faith in God to lead you to your Destiny. Take the punches well with smiles and give KO's with thunderous blows!

Cleaning my hale for the Primary Election gathering at my Hale tonight!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          heheheh...

Mahalo.

I voted at Kaiulani School. It was simple. When I saw my name on the ballot, I laughed out loud. Everything came back to me from the start on how it all began...I would do it again.

You gotta have HEART. Make a difference in your community. You can't be afraid. Have Faith in God to lead you to your Destiny. Take the punches well with smiles and give KO's with thunderous blows!

Cleaning my hale for the Primary Election gathering at my Hale tonight!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn
          BEST OF LUCK, I hope you gettum. Dey need new blood, new ideas, new energy pau business as usual kine, pau bitch& moan. Time fo'hanahana.

YOU GO GIRL!
          So cute Kiana, good training fo'her next ting you know she going be running for some kine of office too.

Eda way you one winna!
          ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyLika View Post
            Eda way you one winna!
            Mahalo Tita Lika!

The band is hea, tables and chairs are set-up, guests are arriving.

Only two are missing.

Conrad and Christy...both deployed.

I'm gonna party.

Win or lose ~ I am already a Winnah!

I live in Hawai`i, United States of America!

Auntie Lynn Vasquez- Dela Cerna

Comment

I'm gonna party.

Win or lose ~ I am already a Winnah!

I live in Hawai`i, United States of America!
              Outstanding. I love your attitude!

Comment

[...]
                I'm gonna party.

Win or lose ~ I am already a Winnah![...]
                Rock on, Auntie!
                You're a winner in my book.

Comment

Ack! I just got home, and all I want is to see the primaries' results! Are they on TV? Online? Help!
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Results online ... http://elections2.hawaii.gov/ares/PB_30_010_1A.ASPX
                    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Good work Aunty on raising awareness on issues during the campaign. You did a great job "first time out". By the next election, you'll have a ton of experience under your belt [under your hat?] and you can run again!
                      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Awesome run, Aunty! Like Amati said, for the first run for office, you did a magnificent job. What I liked most, is you ran a clean campaign and maintained a positive attitude. It’s tough to compete against an incumbent like Romy when only 34% of registered voters show up to the polls. I heard one television reporter call it “the lowest turnout for a primary election in state history.”

I also give credit to Lillian Hong. She managed to use the name recognition she achieved through her four previous bids for mayor, and her ’Ōlelo programming. Finally, I am disappointed with the state for their effort to educate voters about the importance of participating in the electoral process. It’s obviously a problem that is getting worse.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                        USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Great percentage for your first time at bat, Auntie. You've built name recognition for the future. <high 5>

Comment

Hi Aunty,
                            Hey as Tutusue stated that was a great percentage of votes for your first run. I'm sure Romy is very surprised at the amount of votes that both you and Lililan Hong received and is already concerned about his next run.
                            Congratulatons Lynn great job!!

Comment

I went to the Unity Breakfast at the Ala Moana Hotel this morning. It was like being at the State Capital. Representatives, Senators as well as Board of Education Candidates were there. I was the only one from the City Council Race (defeated) who showed up. Even Council Member Romy Cachola neba show up.heheheh I did see Council Member Nestor Garcia.

Everyone was upbeat. Winners and Losers smiling. I am in awe of the whole process from beginning to end. It's what we as Americans have the right to take part of. I took my dream and turned it into REALITY. Congresswoman Hirono spoke of her first time running for Political Office. "You always remember the FIRST!" Another said "You must lose first to know what is to WIN!" Several politicians came up to me and congratulated me. They told me their political stories about losing before winning.

Will I run again? You betta believe it! In two years.

I have no regrets. My campaign manager is the best ~ Matt Lum. You'll be hearing more of him.

My dear husband, PK. What a man. Although he took a smash in the Stocks, he still SMILES. We'll make it through. We always do.

Now to concentrate on "The Slippah Project 2009!"

Fund raising starts in October!

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn Vasquez-Dela Cerna
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; September 21, 2008, 11:11 AM.

Comment

here i was thinking that you were going to take a much needed rest? your poor tootsies!
                                ever the busy bee and taking care of your community! "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"--i believe you can, dear lady.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                reflect, repent and reboot.
                                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                                X