X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 3

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Latest name being bandied about for Obama as VP choice: Rep. Gephardt.
    GOP strategists say they "fear him most."
    Gephardt is an "okay" choice. His home state (Missouri) is a swing state and I think he would be just as helpful as either Kansas Gov. Sebellius and Missouri Sen. McCaskill in drumming up support in the midwest. Would be helpful to Obama's campaign when it comes to economic issues. But because of all the lobbying that he has done over the last 3 years, Gephardt would have to be vetted very closely as a potential VP candidate.

When you look at the polls, Obama seems to lead McCain in every issue,.... except for national security and foreign policy. No doubt this is the reason why Joe Biden and Sam Nunn's names keep surfacing in the veepstakes.

Besides their expertise in foreign policy, both of these senators bring other things to the ticket. Nunn would potentially put Georgia into play for the Democrats. (A potential that could turn very real if Libertarian candidate and former GOP congressman Bob Barr takes away enough votes from McCain.) Biden would help to court the Catholic vote, which is a demographic that is presently leaning towards McCain.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Ay yai yai. Hope. Pray. Wish. Think. Dream. Want. Believe. Pretend.

McCain will win with Huckabee, Giulani, Powell, Rice, or Bullwinkle Moose as the VP. The only loser Rep. is Romney due to the whole Mormon thing which is exactly as bad as the whole Islam thing.

Man I am in a pi$$ of a mood right now. Do not start with me.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

• Rocket J. Squirrel - yes, Bullwinkle - no

I would love to see any of those lead weights you mentioned on a McCave ticket. Romney would be his best shot at this point. And, unless Obama continues to espouse willingness to embrace total crap like warrantless/illegal wiretapping of Americans, this will be a non-race.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          McCain will win with Huckabee, Giulani, Powell, Rice, or Bullwinkle Moose as the VP. The only loser Rep. is Romney due to the whole Mormon thing which is exactly as bad as the whole Islam thing.
          I have to agree with Whitfield (for once) on this one. Do you really believe John McCain has a chance when so far you've only been able to find a single poll with McCain leading?

Think about what you just wrote. Huckabee and Giuliani. These two are polar opposites! One is a right-wing conservative preacher with a questionable record as governor who jokes about Obama being shot, while the other is a mob-tied cross-dressing liberal Republican caught cheating on his wife, who politicized the 9/11 attacks!

So you tell me, which one of these candidates could possibly dig McCain out of the hole he is in?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

• VP count

Jim Webb said today he will not be a consideration for the Obama as VP.

Wesley Clark talked himself out of the possibility last week.

So, the list of strong candidates is shrinking to where Hillary may be the only viable choice left, unless Sam Nunn is up for it.

Comment

• Re: VP count

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              So, the list of strong candidates is shrinking to where Hillary may be the only viable choice left, unless Sam Nunn is up for it.
              I can see her "campaign" slogan for this role --- "It's a job for Hillary ... or Nunn."

Comment

Shoots Leo ROTFLMFAO.........bwahahah...howl howl....laughter....

usocrazee....smottoou
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

• Re: VP count

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  I can see her "campaign" slogan for this role --- "It's a job for Hillary ... or Nunn."
                  If the Hillary Will Not Come to Obama. Obama Will Go to the Hillary.

Comment

Going to the Republican side of the Veepstakes for a moment:

One person who has been talked up in GOP circles as a possible running mate for McCain is Carly Fiorina, the former HP CEO. She certainly has the business/economic credentials that McCain lacks. No doubt she would also appeal to those who want to see a woman on the ticket.

But, but,...... she has no political experience. With McCain's age (71) being a nagging issue, voters may be wary about a political newcomer being a "heartbeat away" from the Presidency.

Another female candidate getting some support is Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. A former Miss Alaska contestant, she would bring some youth (44) to the ticket. But then again, if McCain has to worry about keeping Alaska in the GOP column in this year's election, then he might as well give up right now.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Wesley Clark talked himself out of the possibility last week.
                      I would disagree with that assessment. Personally, I think Clark was wise to stand his ground, considering his statement on McCain’s service was right on the money. True, it wasn’t politically correct, but it was undeniably accurate. McCain has no answer for it.

So, the list of strong candidates is shrinking to where Hillary may be the only viable choice left
                      Here again, I think you’re jumping the gun. Besides Sam Nunn, let’s not forget Bill Richardson, who could galvanize the Hispanic vote. His stellar record as U.S. representative, United Nations ambassador, Secretary of Energy and Governor of New Mexico, puts McCain to shame. With him as VP, Obama wins the border states and Florida, as well as picking up a solidly capable stand-in.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                        ..let’s not forget Bill Richardson, who could galvanize the Hispanic vote. His stellar record as U.S. representative, United Nations ambassador, Secretary of Energy and Governor of New Mexico, puts McCain to shame. With him as VP, Obama wins the border states and Florida, as well as picking up a solidly capable stand-in.
                        Dead on. I've predicted this since Hillary dropped out. I hope he's not to attached to that beard he's been sportin' on and off lately.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I had Richardson firmly in mind when I stated this. To me he doesn't have enuf punch to stay in a real political dogfight or that he could hang tuff under fire when things get really ugly during the next few years which it most certainly will, even tho I think he's a good man and would be a fine member of BO's cabinet.

On Clark; I have no problem with what he said, and in fact, I say the same. But, BO is trying a bit too hard lately to appease all sides, and needs to go back to taking on his critics with hard and direct answers instead of trying to dance thru the mine field and make everybody happy, which he'll never do.
                          So, I thing BO has penciled his name out of the running for VP.
                          I'm not sold on Clark as a heavy hitter in American politics anyway.

Comment

TuNnL's second paragraph is spot on.

Sinjin, let Bill have the beard.

Sometimes I have one too. Then I shave. Then it grows. Then I shave it again. Then I make it a goatee. Then chopburns, like Elvis in the heydey of pills. Then a mustache. And then I shave it again, along with my head, then my neck, and sometimes other places. My hair grows as good as Gov. Richardson's. You hairless people are strange to me. I just don't get it. Maybe it's like being Hawaiian or Black, and I don't see either, as much as I don't understand people who think that hair matters. It's been years since we had a leader with good face of hair.

The ONLY Candidate for VP that I see on Barack Obama's radar is Governor Bill Richardson from New Mexico. His resume reads well. His pedigree is real, can-do, bootstraps, American, with a Latino flair, and that matters in a nation where 1/4 of the people are similar to my wife.

I will go so far as to say that my vote will change if BO chooses BR.

Hands down. No question about it. It's a no-brainer.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                              I would disagree with that assessment. Personally, I think Clark was wise to stand his ground, considering his statement on McCain’s service was right on the money. True, it wasn’t politically correct, but it was undeniably accurate. McCain has no answer for it.
                              Meh. What Clark may say is true, McCain has been a senator longer than BO. You could argue that being a senator is not a qualification but you also put BO under that statement as well.

Personally, I just don't see Clark as VP.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                                TuNnL's second paragraph is spot on.

Sinjin, let Bill have the beard.

Sometimes I have one too. Then I shave. Then it grows. Then I shave it again. Then I make it a goatee. Then chopburns, like Elvis in the heydey of pills. Then a mustache. And then I shave it again, along with my head, then my neck, and sometimes other places. My hair grows as good as Gov. Richardson's. You hairless people are strange to me. I just don't get it. Maybe it's like being Hawaiian or Black, and I don't see either, as much as I don't understand people who think that hair matters. It's been years since we had a leader with good face of hair.

The ONLY Candidate for VP that I see on Barack Obama's radar is Governor Bill Richardson from New Mexico. His resume reads well. His pedigree is real, can-do, bootstraps, American, with a Latino flair, and that matters in a nation where 1/4 of the people are similar to my wife.

I will go so far as to say that my vote will change if BO chooses BR.

Hands down. No question about it. It's a no-brainer.
                                This could be my all-time favorite post of yours Tim. I too perpetually wear facial hair though I've never worn a full beard. I too regularly crop/shave my hair, "other" places included. A President or Veep with a beard doesn't bother me but for many it would I suspect. Just like if he were to wear earrings and/or a mohawk.

I hope it goes that way and we end up voting identically.
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X