Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expensive Fireworks Display (6/4/08 8:30PM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expensive Fireworks Display (6/4/08 8:30PM)

Wow, quite a fireworks display over Waikiki (I'm assuming). Someone dropped mega bucks. Does anyone know the occasion?

Anyone got some sweet pics? I did the best I could with my dinky Canon A720IS. Totally forgot to bust out the camcorder
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Re: Expensive Fireworks Display (6/4/08 8:30PM)

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    Wow, quite a fireworks display over Waikiki (I'm assuming). Someone dropped mega bucks. Does anyone know the occasion?

Anyone got some sweet pics? I did the best I could with my dinky Canon A720IS. Totally forgot to bust out the camcorder
    nope, but i could hear it quite well here in kaimuki. made the damn beagle two doors down howl like a banshee. *growl*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I assumed it was the Hilton because they do the fireworks show on Fridays and I could see the reflection of the fireworks from the building next to me. I was momentarily excited thinking it -was- Friday but then I remembered and now I'm bummed. Sounded pretty spectacular, although loud booms from the sky when you're not expecting it can be a bit startling..
      Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
      Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
        made the damn beagle two doors down howl like a banshee. *growl*
        money well spent

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
        I was momentarily excited thinking it -was- Friday but then I remembered and now I'm bummed.
        lol

2 more days to go. ah well.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

Oh, that's what it was. I thought it was from eating dinner made by Rod Tam's undocumented workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
            Oh, that's what it was. I thought it was from eating dinner made by Rod Tam's undocumented workers.
            *pinch my nose*

>.<
            "

Comment

Some Japanese company lit 'em off, according to KHNL news a few minutes ago. I wasn't paying enough attention to catch who or why. Corporate function, anyway.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The fireworks were off the Sheraton Waikiki...a full 15 minutes! I believe it was for a convention...or sumthin' similar! Can't remember what was said on last night's news! I went up to the 36th floor of my building in the hopes of viewing what was promised to be spectacular. All I could see was the reflection in other buildings. Oh well!

Comment

I think the evening news mentioned Royal Cosmetics Company - cost $500,000 for 15 minutes.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

kgmb reported that it was a japanese perfume company and the cost? $500,000 went up in 15 minutes!

also found this: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...D=200880603059
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                      *pinch my nose*

>.<
                      Yup, It took a lot of matches.

Comment

Damn, $500,000???

They should have given it to me. I would have bought all the bottle rockets and morning glories I could find. Instead of a measly 15 minutes, my display would last DAYS! (i'd be throwing pop-pops around waikiki one by one)

Thanks for the info LikaNui, tutusue, mel, and shaveice. Too bad I wasn't paying attention to the news the night prior. Might have been able to prepare the cameras better.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                        Yup, It took a lot of matches.
                        xD

I would split the $500,000 with you, if you did the ambiance lighting.
                        "

Comment

That was nothing!

About 10 years ago a mainland fireworks manufacturer had thier corporate party on Oahu and they gave an hour long display at Magic Island that was grotesquely awesome. They brought all thier best and tons of each so that they could fire off some incredibly ornamental pyro display for maybe a whole 5 min. stretch, seemingly endless each time. A true display of 'too much' at every segment. And I'm talking about the best pyro's imaginable, nothing you see in this state, ever. They ended it with a volley of the hugest explosions never even heard since Pearl harbor.

I had my boat on the 800 row of the boat harbor and had embers raining down the whole time, even with the trades blowing, they were that immense! Quite memerable.

People island wide were pissed that nobody said anything about it beforehand so that they could enjoy it too.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: That was nothing!

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            People island wide were pissed that nobody said anything about it beforehand so that they could enjoy it too.
                            How selfish

Wow an hour long. Damn, I didn't even hear about it!
                            "

Comment

Yes, quite memOrable..., damn time limit to correct.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                              X