The "locals who can't swim" sign-in thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "locals who can't swim" sign-in thread

Love the beach, can't swim a stroke. Born and raised here.

Comment

Born and raised in/on Oahu. Can swim but my technique is sloppy. Never pursued better form. I still have public school mentality. "Eh. At least I show up, hah?"

Comment

Were backyard swimming pools uncommon in your neighborhoods growing up?
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

There goes my theory about my sister being the only Hawaiian over the age of 10 who can't swim.

Kani, you better than my sister, she can't even float. She fell off a canoe once (small kid time) and almost drowned. Instead of wanting to conquer the water she decided she didn't like it no more. I, on the other hand, could spend half of my day in the ocean, everyday.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Born and raised on Oahu, can't swim. I even took swimming lessons. I remember my friend trying to teach me how to float on my back, and I couldn't even do that! I kept sinking.

I know it's all in my head, tho. I am deathly afraid of what's below the surface.

Comment

Born and raised on Oahu. My Nanny (maternal grandmother) could not swim, so she sent us to swimming lessons to teach her. It worked.

From swimming lessons at McCully pool, I followed my sister to the Hawaii Swim Club coached by the one and only Soichi Sakamoto. Although I earned some ribbons, I wasn't interested in competition swimming.

At age 8 I rode my first wave at Keyholes (Ala Moana) and was addicted to riding waves. That same year while swimming in Kauai, I almost drowned. My Dad rescued me, I cried on the sand next to my Mom and she told him to throw me back in so I wouldn't be afraid. It worked.

Noe was part of her high school swim team, and long boards at Kewalo's.

J is 4 and he charges the shore break, he's starting swimming lessons this month.

I too cannot sign because I can swim, but encourage everyone that it's never too late...besides ride at least one wave in your lifetime, even if it's on a bodyboard at the shorebreaks of Sherwoods -- just as exhilarating!
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

this hawaiian will be more than happy to stay on shore. nope, never did overcome the fear of the ocean. have mostly gotten over the fear of heights (pats self on back. well, someone's gotta do it).
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Working...
                X