Kung Fu Panda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Panda

Saw Kung Fu Panda at the Ward Theater this afternoon with Albert.

It was an enjoyable movie to watch with a mixture of comedy and action.

Re: Kung Fu Panda

I plan to surprise young son with a matinee next week. I guess by now he knows I love these movies. I have been known to go see animated features even before I had children to take.

He is already quoting the phrases from the previews; he's easily amused like his mama...

Comment

Was good, enjoyable. Kids found it a scream, laughing throughout the show. What a cast of stars! Jack Black, Dustin Hoffman, Angelina Jolie and JACKIE CHAN, as the monkey. How appropriate!
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I liked it. My only flaw is that they could have shown him trained more
        Not up too par with anything from Pixar or the wit of Shrek, it was far better that Bee Movie, Ice Age, and Surf's Up anyday.

Added note....stay until after the credits for an extra treat
        Last edited by alohabear; June 9, 2008, 11:27 AM.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Well Po did create level zero Kung Fu training during the movie, maybe he skipped a few levels, cut corners, that sort of thing. At least some training was shown in this movie.

Oh yeah, the some of the background stills used in the ending credits does continue a plot point in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Well Po did create level zero Kung Fu training during the movie, maybe he skipped a few levels, cut corners, that sort of thing. At least some training was shown in this movie.

Oh yeah, the some of the background stills used in the ending credits does continue a plot point in the movie.
            True....BTW in case you missed it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O9n-fudlrs
            Last edited by alohabear; June 10, 2008, 10:27 PM.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

Spouse is planning on taking the girls today. Kid 2 seems to know everything there is to know about Kung Fu Panda. Have to watch that crowd of first graders a bit more closely!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Good movie. I'm glad we stayed for the credits...very pretty artwork, and an appropriate ending. DS says favorite part was when villain was smooshed by panda butt. My favorite part was the geese. At least I think they were geese. Most favorite goose was panda's dad.

I want to know how the peach tree blooms and bears fruit at the same time.

The turtle was good, too.

Comment

Very enjoyable movie -- for kids and adults. The animation and voices were excellent, especially Po the Panda (Jack Black).

Comment

I really enjoyed this movie too. I think Jack Black was the perfect Po and Dustin Hoffman did great as Master Shifu.

Comment

It's mid-July so I can definitely say this is my favorite movie of the first half of 2008.

Won't surprise me at all if it takes the honor, such as it is, for the entire year.

It was the best setting for that cosmic truth, THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS, since Richard Alpert's lovely "Be Here Now" book ... a long, long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X