Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corporate Integrity: How does it influence your choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corporate Integrity: How does it influence your choices?

Corporate integrity - No Such Thing.......
    Aloha!

Geebz

Comment

Originally posted by Geebz View Post
      Corporate integrity - No Such Thing.......
      http://www.cpb.org/
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

I found this list put out by the Ethisphere Institute. There was a mention of them in today's Advertiser business section. They compile a list every year of the worlds most ethical companies.

http://ethisphere.com/WME2008/

I thought some of you might find it interesting. Wal-Mart is not on the list.
        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

bumping this thread because of something that happened this week.

i'd been looking forever for jeans that fit properly without my need to get them altered. tall order, because i'm only 4'11" and i have 36 inch hips. when you're as short as i am, hemming is the least of your problems. things like how the thigh tapers and where the knee breaks on a pair of pants really matters.

so imagine my great relief when i recently found that levi strauss' 515 jeans for women fits perfectly well--the proportions are right and the length is perfect for when i wear heels that are at least 2" tall (which is most of the time). even if i do wear flats, however, the hem is not so offensively long that it looks like i stole the pair from my non-existent taller sister's closet. i was all ready to order more online at the levi's website, where they're on sale for something like two pairs for $36.

that was before i logged into my hpu campus email and saw an announcement for a film they'd be showing on campus. here's the link for the pbs independent lens special, china blue.

Sweatshop workers in Saipan, a U.S. commonwealth exempt from American labor laws that stamps its clothing with “Made in the U.S.A.” tags, were forced to pay recruitment fees of thousands of dollars. To work off the debt, they were kept in indentured servitude at factories. When a lawsuit against 26 of America’s largest clothing retailers—including the Gap, Target and Lane Bryant—over sweatshop abuses was settled in 2002, Levi Strauss was the only company that refused to settle.
          unfortunately for me, when i saw the email, i was wearing the levi's. imagine my great guilt the whole day. guess i'll not be making that order, and i guess i'll continue putting money in my alterationist's pockets.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
          X