Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD's that features Actors commenting/reflecting their roles

sorry had a heck of a time trying to come up w/ a spiffy subject title

OK what I mean by this is DVD's (movies/tv shows) that features actors in the special feature segments talking about their roles they have done like....

I was watching "Close Encounters of The Third Kind" and was curious if the boy who is now an adult that played Melinda Dillon's son is going to be featured and sure nuff! He became a handosme looking guy.

"The Goonies" I was suprised to see the gang along w/ the director talking about the movie. BTW. you would have to set the DVD to see them in split screen.

I also watched "Home Alone" too also....

And for the TV circuit, Square Pegs which came out on DVD recently has the actors talking about who the short lived show meant something to them. So far I only got to see Disc 1 thru Netflix and I watched Sarah Jessica Parker, Jamie Gertz,Tracy Nelson.

"Facts of Life" Season 1&2 had the 3/4 of the cast on the DVD. Even the girls that got the boot on Season 1 was on it. Some of the girls still looked good! I guess Nancy and Molly was busy.

Re: DVD's that features Actors commenting/reflecting their roles

Many of the television show season DVD sets features a commentary track which includes actors' comments (writers are often included on these tracks). Heroes season 1 DVD had some nice commentary.

Comment

On the Babylon 5 TV series DVD sets, various actors who appeared in the 5 years the series ran (100+ episodes) did audio commentaries for selected episodes of the series. Some of these actors approached these in "a-matter-of-fact" way while others got together and poked fun at each other, the producers & directors and almost laughed through an entire episode commentary recalling the things they had to go through to get them made.

The same sets also feature cast members being interviewed in short features during the making of the series as well as a few features long after the series ended. Makes for a lot of interesting viewing.

Most DVDs usually have commentaries and featurettes about and by their creators such as George Lucas and Steven Speilberg, who both offer commentary on some of their most famous movies.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Lost and Stargate SG-1 would sometimes have audio comments by the actor in the episode, usually with the director or some other person doing the production of the episode.

For Stargate SG-1 it is usually the director doing the commentary, a couple of them, Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood give better good commentaries.

Comment

The movie Goonies has a lot of the cast back for commentary. If I remember right Sean Astin actually leaves in the middle of it all.
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

"Almost Famous" has great commentary with Cameron Crowe and his mother
            I really enjoyed that. I was hoping to spot him in town or around somewhere
            while Heart was here but my circle of travel is very limited! He is my all time favorite for his career and writing/directing. He wrote an amazing book with his conversations with Billy Wilder that is a real treasure.

Garry Marshall also has some great commentary especially on the "Pretty Woman" movie DVD, another NU alum

Comment

Working...
            X