Stupidest People Of The Day Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupidest People Of The Day Award

I think she can honk her horn in French, too, but didn't have to in this situation. It's rare that we get to see karmic payback in action - and fun when it happens.

Comment

That was me in the red truck and, darn it, I had to drive normally for 5 blocks before the cop got bored following me - what a punishment! [Okay, it coulda been me or any of the rest of you who don't follow the rules of the road to a tee. Complain about dat guy, ignore your own infractions, eh. As the world turns...]
      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        Okay, it coulda been me or any of the rest of you who don't follow the rules of the road to a tee. Complain about dat guy, ignore your own infractions, eh.
        Hmmmm... first of all, if I was going to drive a Dodge Ram, I wouldn’t buy a red one. It attracts about 50 times more attention then say, slate grey. Secondly, unless you’re a fisherman hauling your motorboat to and from home daily, who needs a V10? I know they have smaller engines available, but let’s get real: you buy a Ram for the V10. Thirdly, you avoid being a road hazard when you drive a Honda Fit. It was made to actually fit in the lane of urban traffic, and weave much more gracefully then say...a huge @ss Dodge Ram. And guess what? I’d probably drive a lot more carefully, because of fear of who would lose in a collision...with a huge @ss Dodge Ram!

This made me laugh.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
          we were driving on kapahulu towards waikiki when we passed a red chevy or ram blocking two lanes of traffic (including a city bus) just so he could turn left on kapahulu. said red truck then sped up to overtake four cars, including ours, to bully its way into the rightmost lane that turns onto ala wai boulevard (forcing the car in front of us to stop short just a few feet before the turn). we watched the red truck jerkily speed up, screeching its tires, while weaving through traffic without signaling many times, almost causing several accidents. his erratic driving was even more of a concern because there were both a motorcycle rider and a bicycle rider not far ahead of him.
          Did the truck have a large "Haolebuilt" sticker affixed to its back windshield?

Comment

don't think so. pretty sure was 3 very brown, local braddahs insai.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              That was me in the red truck and, darn it, I had to drive normally for 5 blocks before the cop got bored following me - what a punishment! [Okay, it coulda been me or any of the rest of you who don't follow the rules of the road to a tee. Complain about dat guy, ignore your own infractions, eh. As the world turns...]
              you weren't there, so you have the ignorant luxury of dismissively minimizing the potential danger on the road at that time because of that driver's actions.

i was there, so unlike you, i'm not yammering out of my lower alimentary canal. approximately 60 people from kapahulu ave and ala wai blvd would have been or were darned tootin happy the truck driver, upon finding himself in the vicinity of a blue & white, got scared into driving like a normal, law-abiding citizen instead of the quisquilian of a jackanapes that he is.

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              I just love it when Cyn writes in French! Tell us how you REALLY feel, Cyn!
              Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              I think she can honk her horn in French, too, but didn't have to in this situation.
              i'm colorfully multilingual--i remember some high school russian, too. how's this: anyone who takes up the defense of the red truck driver = большое глупое дерьмо.

p.s. if that was a dodge ram last night, i can guarantee the guy wasn't driving a v-10. clearly, he didn't have the balls nor the brain befitting that kind of power. he was all about mashing the gas, puckering on the brake, and assuming everyone would give way out of concern for self-preservation. in fact, i doubt he'd be able to take a turn properly even given this lil thing.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i need to give this award to the effin hospice aide who was late for the umpteenth time. and, you know what? i'll just hand one out to the paid caregiver, too, who thought she was just a few minutes late. hello? you idiot! you came in late and fell asleep. i had to call out to you 2x to let you know that the aide was here. such a$$holes.
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

How about the guy who starts yelling when he knows he's at fault, but does a preemptive strike in case there's no witness to his act? So, it looks like the person who is yelling is in the right. But when there's a third party witness who comes forward. He slowly backs and walks away quickly, but still keeps yelling for the intimidation purpose.

Comment

Got a recent example?
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                      Got a recent example?
                      I wrote in generality to show how some people think that by yelling, it would cover their stupidity.
                      My example happened at a supermarket parking lot where a guy in a SUV with all tinted windows entered the lot without looking and almost hit me walking out of there. He rolled down his tinted window and started yelling at me. I was puzzled and didn't understand why that the person whose fault it was started shouting. When a guard came over and wanted to know what happened, he quickly walked into the market while still yelling stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        Got a recent example?
                        Yep...but I'm not free to discuss it.
                        Yet!

Comment

Oh..., that was you, WB? Hey, I just filled up! Sorry...

I can dig it. Some clown flew out of another parking lot the other day, straight across the sidewalk as I came up to a semi blind spot on my bike, lucky to stop in time, as I have no brakes..., and he was gone before I could get more than a few choice woids thru his window.

This is a common occurrance by drivers, like the crosswalk couldn't possibly have pedestrians.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            I wrote in generality to show how some people think that by yelling, it would cover their stupidity.
                            My example happened at a supermarket parking lot where a guy in a SUV with all tinted windows entered the lot without looking and almost hit me walking out of there. He rolled down his tinted window and started yelling at me. I was puzzled and didn't understand why that the person whose fault it was started shouting. When a guard came over and wanted to know what happened, he quickly walked into the market while still yelling stuff.
                            Heh. Some people think that because they have a SUV or any vehicle, they're better than pedestrians.

I'm guessing the public service message about pedestrian right didn't work on him. Why is he entitled to a driver's license?
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

While I'll never condone stupid drivers, I am seeing more and more stupid pedestrians AND bike riders...I mean some really idiotic, scratch-your-head, type of behavior. EVERYONE needs to pay more attention and follow the rules of the road.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                While I'll never condone stupid drivers, I am seeing more and more stupid pedestrians AND bike riders...I mean some really idiotic, scratch-your-head, type of behavior. EVERYONE needs to pay more attention and follow the rules of the road.
                                True, but as vehicle operators, we have to yield to them. After all, a car can be used as a weapon so easily.

What I can't stand is an idiot pedestrian deliberately blocking my car. But that's what my aluminum bat, bolo knife, and shovel with tarp in my car trunk are for.
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X