Things we can't get here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things we can't get here

Yeah, I remember there being quite a bit of lightning and thunder over December and January of this year, with the stormy weather.

I sorta miss crisp frosty mornings, so I stick my head in the freezer occasionally.

Comment

We had a brisk morning today. There was dew everywhere and I made a big mistake going outside in my tank top/PJ shorts combo. Brr. It's was about 50...but I missed most of last winter so I guess I'm a wimp now about cold weather.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
        Thunderstorms? Do you ever have thunderstorms there? I only remember one the whole time we lived there and it was the night of the Oahu-Wide Blackout. Heard thunder, saw a flash of lightning. Said to J, "That's the first time I've seen that since we moved here!" Then -boom- electricity is gone. So I'm assuming they aren't very common occurrences, even though we ALL know rain is.
        There's been thunder and lightning for the past hour just north of me here in Kaneohe. Looks like it's mostly over the Temple Valley, Kahaluu, Waiahole and Waikane areas.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

LIka, I heard the thunder in Waialua last night; faint, and didn't hear it again, so I thought it was the condo upstairs.

Hope you all didn't get flooded out! I read about the post office in Kaneohe.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            LIka, I heard the thunder in Waialua last night; faint, and didn't hear it again, so I thought it was the condo upstairs. Hope you all didn't get flooded out! I read about the post office in Kaneohe.
            My earlier post was for thunder/lightning at around 9pm out toward Kahaluu. But then... I woke up around 1am and it was POURING here in Kaneohe, and the thunder and lightning was here. Steady non-stop heavy rain for at least three hours. Wow!
            Minor flooding damage is visible on all the streets, and supposedly the post office was going to re-open late this afternoon. I drove by it a few minutes ago and saw folks walking in and out the doors, so I think it is indeed open again.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
            X