Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from the desert

Aloha from Arizona!

Just wanted to introduce myself here -- I have been dreaming of living in Hawaii for several years now - since my first visit to Maui. I've made several trips to Hawaii, continue to research and read, and have been reading the posts on this site for some time now to learn as much as possible. I am still quite awhile out from making the leap - about a year and a half, but I'm trying to learn and absorb as much as possible to make informed decisions.

While my first love is Maui and I would LOVE to live there, I was drawn to Oahu for the jobs. Recently, I have been drawn to the Hilo side of the Big Island because of the more reasonably priced real estate (realizing it may be that way for a reason).

I have four beautiful dogs collectively known as 'the boys' coming with me. They're all spoiled rotten small dogs, ranging from 1.5 to 16 pounds. (I know about the quarantine laws and guidelines)

I am absolutely positive of my desire/draw/calling to live in Hawaii. I view it as the next chapter of my life - a new beginning. I just want to slow down, live simply, and enjoy life. My move would be for keeps - for better or worse!

Until then, I look forward to learning a lot here, getting to know all of you, and becoming a contributing member of this forum.

Mahalo--

Re: Aloha from the desert

Aloha and welcome to HawaiiThreads.com!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Aloha and welcome! I only wish there had been something like this when we decided to move here 23 hears ago! Or maybe not, we might not have come!
      However it was the best decision we ever made and cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Always glad to hear of pet owners! Life would not be the same without my
      two girls who just ate and now are staring at me for their daily 2 miles.....
      A hui hou and good luck! How's the heat down there?

Comment

aloha and welcome fellow dog owner!

what a good parent you are, leashlaws. thought about taking my furries for a walk today. but, am still recouping from the fiasco IN the mango tree (i got stuck up there). the legs aren't feeling too good at the moment. thank goodness no one was around to see me pretending to be a monkey.
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

They'll understand that you can't do it today - either that or they'll get that
          dejected look and stare at you all day but you can live with that! Taking M&K
          daily is like valium, it just takes the edge off their attitudes ever so slightly.
          They really need that! Plus it's good for me too, our neighborhood is all hills
          and long stretches of road so it's very beneficial. Next an hour in the pool!
          Hope you have a great day! Get better!

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome!

The heat here in southern Arizona is miserable! People say 'it's a dry heat,' which it is - not really sticky and sweaty, but it is OVEN HOT!

One of my boys came from the shelter in Maui actually. I wasn't looking to adopt - he just fell in my lap. (isn't that how it always works?!) He hates my guts for moving him from paradise, but I've promised to get him back there and in the end I think he loves his good home with me.

I echo your sentiments leashlaws -- My boys are my life! I wouldn't consider a move without them. . .

Comment

Aloha and welcome to Hawaii Threads! Glad to have you be a part of our virtual family here.
              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

mahalo leashlaws! now, if i only had a pool for these aching legs of mine. just got up to start some laundry and the left thigh muscle started cramping. ouch!

alohanini: all my animals are adopted. 4 dogs (had 5 but one passed 2 years ago) and 4cats.
                "chaos reigns within.
                order shall return."

Comment

Welcome to HT, alohanini!

I visited AZ for the first time last April to meet my BF's mom and brother. His mom lives in Prescott Valley and his brother, in Glendale. I love love love his mom's house. It's just so...quiet, and I hope to visit her very soon. Fell in love with Sedona as well!

Whereabouts do you live?
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                    mahalo leashlaws! now, if i only had a pool for these aching legs of mine. just got up to start some laundry and the left thigh muscle started cramping. ouch!

alohanini: all my animals are adopted. 4 dogs (had 5 but one passed 2 years ago) and 4cats.
                    Well at least you can do laundry.......my washer's electronic board crapped
                    out (less than 2 years old......) and they can't come until the 17th, then I am
                    sure they will not be able to fix it so I'll have to wait for a parts)....already
                    it's a week and I have the Mt. Vesuvius of laundry piled up!

Comment

bummer, leashlaws! as of the moment, no broken appliances. just achin' muscles. now the good 'ol bum hip has decided to act up. and, i don't think da furries have forgiven me. the one guy is lying on his bed (twin size human bed) giving me da stink eye.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

kani-lehua - You in Kailua huh? I love that part of Oahu. I visited it extensively during my last visit. I stayed down in Makaha, but found myself gravitating towards that part of the island. Even dropped an injured bird I found off at a vet there for rehab pick up.
                        Bless you for adopting! All mine are rescues too.

Lei Liko - I'm in Tucson. Up north around Prescott and Sedona is pretty (and cooler!). I make a trip to the Phoenix area every once in awhile for shopping and eating.

Comment

Aloha Alohanini ~

Phoenix has an Aloha Festival every 3rd week of March, also Tucson has a couple of halaus.
                          ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

alohanini: yessiree bob. over here in kailua, o'ahu. but, can't wait to move to the big island. from the sun and sand to the chilly forest up at mauna loa estates, volcano.

gypsylika: love them double shakas!
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

Well, any friend of birds is a friend of mine! Aloha and welcome!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                              X