X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Na Hoku Hanohano Awards Tonight

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    My wife and I were there…
    A big mahalo to Pali and ZZtype for the gracious invites! **throwing down a major round of a applause!!!** Quite the lovely evening we had. Ryan was Mr Interactivity with his iPhone. Kilinahe is a sweetie pie and Z was a dapper buggah in his suit, tie and camera!

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better evening. Mahalo nui!

pax

Comment

.....you're very welcome, and hope you'll be my guests next year as well

Yeah, from the 'running around like crazy' standpoint last night, a few tidbits to share:

1. To help out the audio this year for TV, we went with 2 stages, main and 'acoustic' and had DJ Pratt (Kalapana man #1) mixing in a completely separate room downstairs. I ended up having dinner after with DJ, Marky (from PALI Band, and DJ's assistant) and Gaylord (Kalapana man #2). During the Caz's performance, the house guys forgot to turn off the podium mics, which picked up the house mix and looped.

After coming home and watching the re-broadcast, I was relieved that the rest of the show/performances sounds pretty darn good (better than any past shows anyway).

2. I feel really bad for K5, and all the crew there. They're still investigating what happened, and I know sh*t happens-but we all worked so hard, and they did too and the sad thing is, many of those in attendance mentioned that this was one of the best flowing, sounding, overall shows.

K5 will be reairing the Hokus this Saturday at 5:30pm and I believe 9pm as well to help make up for the fiasco. I believe it was a freak accident type of equipment failure. They're a great bunch, so I do really feel bad for them.

3. Definitely a 'Hoku' night, but on a personal note... I'm very glad Weldon won, and very, very bummed that Pilioha didn't. I gotta say, as far as Hawaiian trios go, they are the ruling champs as far as harmonies, vocal ability and musicianship. If you didn't get to seem them live last night, do check them out at Aku Bone.

4. So so glad that zztype, Pua'i Mana'o and pzarquon got to attend in person and ya'll looked smashing....

5. As this is my first year on the board of HARA.. and first year working on the award show---I can honestly say I was more stressed working it, then being up for an award last year--who knew?!?!

*waves to Peshy*

Comment

*pokes ya*

Pssst...make me a dvd? I wanna see!

Please????

*flutters lashes*

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Glad to see John Cruz win again, but sorry our own Jamie didn't score.
          Yeah, it would have been nice to win. But everyone I know said basically, "You've got no chance," (including my own sister) so I wasn't too disappointed. It was fun just to be there. But $7 cocktails? What a racket! We figured out that with the email blast, mailing postcards and the cost of the tickets and drinks, HARA took us for well over $1000.
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Daaaang! Jamie, you were there? Shucks! I would have liked to shake your hand! When they announced your album, yours sounded the best of all the cuts they played!

I took 496 photos last night. I have a few hundred winners. I have not posted online, yet. I have been asked to preserve the anonymity of certain, ahem, "shy" people.

I feel today like I got run over by a truck last night, and I only had $15 worth of wine (a.k.a. 2 small glasses). I'm getting no work done today, but I think after I get a good night's sleep, I'll make up lost ground.

Mahalo a nui loa, Mr. Pali! YOU ARE DA MAN!!

A hui hou,

Blaine
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
            X