Digital TV Over The Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Digital TV Over The Air

As of 10:30 this morning KHNL/KGMB have been up and running normally.Thanx tvhawaii for the post of Miles e-mail, He responded very quickly and is a true professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauibuzz View Post
      As of 10:30 this morning KHNL/KGMB have been up and running normally.Thanx tvhawaii for the post of Miles e-mail, He responded very quickly and is a true professional.
      You are welcome. And I agree...it's refreshing to have someone who is willing to take the time to communicate with us instead of leaving us scratching our heads while we look at a blue/black screen.

Comment

WTF Kgmb/Khnl, What happend with the OTA signals on Maui County monday night! During H50?(Season Ending) You guys really have a problem. How come KFVE went off but came back earlier.

Comment

Bummer, yeah was? Then I figured to go online. BAM! CBS website for Hawaii 5-0 had the last episode with very few commercials. So I was behind less than 10 minutes since the tv went off, but from the time I logged on to the CBS website, I watched the whole show until just a little after 10 pm.

I don't know what's up with this OTA stuff and KGMB. The most important time and it blacks out.............pissed me off.

Comment

Hey, MAUIBRUDDAH! Yea I was pissed too when it went off OTA. I was able to switch to "snowy analog 27"or I think someone from Time-Warner sabotaged the Ulupalakua transmitter, Or maybe it was the Governor!...To Be Countinued.

Comment

I'm thinking conspiracy theory. After the converter box crooks made enough money (probably the same guys who own the cable stations), little by little the OVA signals going be cut out and we either going be forced to spend money for cable, or live in the dark. Neh mine, can still use the tv for games and watch vhs/dvd's. Oh yeah, computer can provide a lot of stuff, just have to have at least dsl hookup. Either way, it'll somehow cost everyone money to watch the shows that we have grown to love.

Comment

Nice to have another OTA/DTV outage here on Maui, Are the walls closing in us OTA viewers?

Comment

Nice to have another OTA/DTV outage here on Maui, Are the walls closing in us OTA viewers?
                  What's going on? Tried to watch TV last night and I got "No Signal" on all channels.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Does anyone know what happened about the outage on Monday, would like to know

Comment

Does anyone know what happened about the outage on Monday, would like to know
                      No idea, but when in the early 70's we had to get our OTA from Maui. From time to time it would go out. Probably a downed power line to the top of Haleakala.

Comment

Back in the day when they where power outages on Haleakala, they seem to last only for a few hours. Now since the move to Ulupalakua, they seem to last 12+ hours or more. Nice Progress!What's Up With That?

Comment

I received an email from someone who asked me to pass on her request, unusual as it might be. If anyone here is good with antennas or knows someone who is, please drop me an email at ryanozawa@gmail.com! I believe she is on the Windward Side of O'ahu.

I'm an attorney who is 64 years old and just came out of a coma in May after falling from a ladder in my carport. All I want is a referral to someone who might be willing to reconnect or reposition my two antennas on my roof. I used to get perfect reception but one of my tenants might have messed with the cables. And, I no longer can climb up the ladder to see what's up. As an attorney, it is my understanding that Oceanic is required by the FCC to broadcast the network stations OTA. I'm willing to pay someone to take care of this admittedly humbug work just to get the 4 or 5 network broadcasts again.

Comment

As an attorney, it is my understanding that Oceanic is required by the FCC to broadcast the network stations OTA.
                            Uhhh... sure this lady is a real attorney?

Oceanic does provide HD feeds of the local broadcast stations to its cable customers. But they (or any other cable TV operator) is not responsible for OTA signals.
                            Last edited by Frankie's Market; July 21, 2012, 01:52 PM.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Hey, give 'er a break, she's 64 and just came out of a coma. She prolly doesn't even have an antenna (them pesky tenants stole it).
                              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Has anyone on Maui been having problems OTA 4.2 the MeTV channel, I get sound but no pix and get "audio only"?

Comment

Working...
                                X