Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Default "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

"Lost" supposedly starts filming for Season 5 in August, which is only a month or so away. "Lost" Season 5 starts on ABC-TV in either late January 2009 or certainly by February 2009, just in time for the winter sweeps.

This thread is set up like previous years solely for the discussion of filming, location spotting, news, gossip, online sightings and anything else pertaining to "Lost" Season 5. Your discussions can include:

- News relating to the TV show "Lost" including links to news articles and other items on other sites. This can include Hollywood type "gossip" relating to the cast, guest stars and crew. Ratings reports from time to time can and will probably be posted here.

- Sightings: Share your location, cast and crew sightings here: ie: I saw Jorge Garcia eating at Zippy's yesterday. They're shooting "Lost" at so and so location.

- Anything else relating to "Lost" that does not include discussion of Season 5 episodes which start in 2009.

Ready? Set? Go for it.

Default Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Comic Con is "on" in San Diego - Ryan is there and blogging, and so are several others. A nearly blow-by-blow account of the LOST panel is on the Wasington Post page - interesting tidbits: There will be a Rousseau backstory episode next season, we haven't seen the last of Jin, and Vincent makes it thru to the end of the show.

The following is from Ryan's Twitter stream to which I subscribe to. Warning: There may be spoilers!

Ryan hawaii Classified video. Marvin Candle. Peter Chang? Message from 30 years ago. DI must be reconstituted. Time is the essence." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "How old is Richard Alpert? How many toes?" A: "Very old. His story will come up. Toes? He will be barefoot in the very near future." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "How did Daniel know about the secondary protocol?" A: "His notebook says what happened and what will happen and it will factor heavily." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "How will you limit flash forwards or flashbacks." A: "This year you won't know when and where you are, on and off island. No constraints about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Will Kate see Sawyer again?" A: "Yes." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Matthew Fox is here! about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Jack and Kate in the end?" A: "We can't tell you. Triangle will play out." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Vincent?" A: "Vincent's okay and will make it to the end of the show." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Any castmembers?" A: "Sorry, just us." about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Rousseau flashback?" A: "Danielle Rousseau will be back for Season Five. Her story will be told. But won't say 'Flashback' or 'Forward.' about 1 hour ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "New logo with cityscape?" A: "May be reading too much into it. Was just supposed to be reflective of O6 off island." about 2 hours ago from mobile web

Ryan hawaii Q: "Favorite episode and season?" Damon: "Season One finale." Carlton: "The Constant, and Season One."

There was also (in the Washington Post blog) a comical reference to Mr. Eko - someone wondering if Eko will be back. Lindlecuse sed Eko was one of their favorite characters, but they had to write him out because he couldn't handle living on an island.

Hey, wait a minute, O`ahu or Lostland?

Ryan has posted several THE TRANSMISSION podcasts this week covering the Comic Con. Most relevant to this thread is today's Q & A panel on LOST. I just downloaded that and am transferring to my iPod. Will listen soon.

http://www.hawaiiup.com/lost/

Have heard rumors of the ABC "making up" the number of episodes missed last season this season. . . .which is what, 4 episodes? Perhaps meaning that the show will premiere earlier? Regardless, can't wait!

They made up some of the "lost" hours (pun intended, and my apologies for that) with the two-hour season finale this 9fourth) season. Originally, there were supposed to be 16 hour-long episodes in the fifth and sixth seasons; now we understand there will be 17 hours in each to make up for the displaced epsiodes caused by the writer's strike -- whether that translates to 17 episodes each season, or perhaps 16 episodes with two-hour season premieres or finales each, remains, like much on the island, to be seen.

Somewhere along the line - can't remember where it was posted - I think I saw a reference to "34 more hours..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
    Somewhere along the line - can't remember where it was posted - I think I saw a reference to "34 more hours..."
    It was an interview from ComicCon is California with Cuse and Lindlehoff, who said they were going to answer all the questions raised over the past four seasons in the remaining 34 hours of episodes left in the show's run.

That's likely 16 episodes per season with two-hour season and series finales.

This afternoon on Lanikai Beach, I saw 'Desmond' out for a beach walk with what I'm guessing was his family!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Nestor Carbonell (Richard Alpert) is in the movie Dark Knight.

I don't know where to post this (Season 5, 4 or whatever), but I just saw on the Sci-Fi Channel they're going to run episodes of Lost, I believe in September. It looks like they're planning to run early episodes.

"LOST," the ABC TV show, seeks new faces to cast in season 5, all ethnic backgrounds and ages welcome, especially looking for people who speak a foreign language; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Aug. 16; Ala Wai Elementary School, 503 Kamoku St.

"LOST" seeks babies for the role of Aaron; children can be boys or girls, 11-16 pounds, with blue or green eyes and blond or no hair; send photos, name and phone number to Julie Carlson, 510 18th Ave., Honolulu, HI 96816.

The Sci Fi channel will be airing a marathon of 4 episodes of Season 4 every Monday starting Monday September 15th

Does a Ryan sighting on TV count in this topic?

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/8909/40/

Soundbite from his daughter as well.

Assuming the fire was close to their residence. . .

Quote Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
    Does a Ryan sighting on TV count in this topic?
    Unless it is about LOST, no it doesn't count. And definitely not in this case.

I just read that Lost is scheduled to start filming August 18th! YaY!!

Was walking by the Lost beach set last weekend, looking at honu.
    Saw lots of honu.
    But the beach set is gone--the tape, bright orange fencing and all is still up, but no camp.

'Supwiddat????

They are back filming at their usual spot across from Heeia Kea Harbor today.

I saw Hurley (Jorge Garcia) shopping in Kailua yesterday! I felt kinda bad for him, because a lot of people in the store noticed him, and were pointing and talking behind his back. Nobody said anything bad or anything like that, but I'm sure he noticed everybody noticing him. At least I didn't see people storm him with autograph requests!
    Me & my sweetie are bored with seeing celebs, and we do this kind of "invisible wall" thingy whenever stars are around, because we don't want to make them uncomfortable. Evidently, we're the only ones who feel this way!

Your "bored" with seeing celebs, how do you run into them so often? Some actually like to chat, not that they crave the attention, but I look at them as normal people, only difference is they are more visable and they make more $$ than the average Joe. I don't often ask for autographs, but I usually chat with them and thank them for doing a good job on a show I might like. Many of them like to hear things like that.

Aj

We used to live in Hollywood until this year. While some celebs do crave attention, also some of them don't like being quite so visible.

The thing is, well, they are normal people. As normal as the mailman. And, like, you wouldn't run into your local postal worker at the grocery store and say "Hey, mailman! Just wanted you to know what a great job you did on the mail last year! You're totally my favorite mailman ever! Can I have your autograph? What's your next mail route? Can't wait to see you on it!!"

Turtlegirl, the beauty of the people of Hawaii is that they tend to leave celebs alone, unlike other areas of the country. And, as far as I can tell, the papparazzi don't follow them here which, I'm sure, is a blessing to them.

Celebs are so used to people noticing them. The ones I know would probably be devastated if they weren't recognized! Still, having their personal space invaded is another story. No one likes that. I, too, leave them alone unless I'm working with them or am in their presence in a work/social situation such as a wrap party. Being high profile comes with the turf of being a celebrity. I'm not an autograph hound but should I be working with someone who has written a book or has artwork in print, I'll usually purchase whatever it is and wait for an opportune time during the course of work to ask if they're interested in signing it. I've never been made to feel like an idiot! Just the opposite, aamof. Jerry Seinfeld seemed genuinely grateful and put a lot of thought into what he wrote. I have a signed copy of the book "Hawaii" along with a photo of James and Cookie Michener and me while he's signing it. When I asked him if he'd mind signing the book at his convenience he asked me to bring it to him right then and there.

Would I approach a celeb I've never met or worked with in public and ask for an autograph? Never. Would I point him/her out as inconspicuously as possible to someone I'm with. Of course!

BTW...I have a favorite mailman who I would always thank for doing such a good job. He probably woulda thought I was lolo if I asked for an autograph, tho'!

Teeheee, thanks Tutu! I just hate it, though, if when I inconspicuously point out a star to someone I'm with, and then they start talking loudly about that person or their show! Yikes!! Is there something nearby I can hide under?!
    I've noticed that there seem to be zero paparrazi here, and the acceptance and coolness and aloha that most people extend to everyone, celebs included, is soooo nice!
    Cool!!!!! You have Hawaii signed by Michener!! Good idea, and what a nice thing to have!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast