Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
    Does a Ryan sighting on TV count in this topic?
    Unless it is about LOST, no it doesn't count. And definitely not in this case.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I just read that Lost is scheduled to start filming August 18th! YaY!!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Was walking by the Lost beach set last weekend, looking at honu.
        Saw lots of honu.
        But the beach set is gone--the tape, bright orange fencing and all is still up, but no camp.

'Supwiddat????

Comment

They are back filming at their usual spot across from Heeia Kea Harbor today.

Comment

I saw Hurley (Jorge Garcia) shopping in Kailua yesterday! I felt kinda bad for him, because a lot of people in the store noticed him, and were pointing and talking behind his back. Nobody said anything bad or anything like that, but I'm sure he noticed everybody noticing him. At least I didn't see people storm him with autograph requests!
            Me & my sweetie are bored with seeing celebs, and we do this kind of "invisible wall" thingy whenever stars are around, because we don't want to make them uncomfortable. Evidently, we're the only ones who feel this way!

Comment

Your "bored" with seeing celebs, how do you run into them so often? Some actually like to chat, not that they crave the attention, but I look at them as normal people, only difference is they are more visable and they make more $$ than the average Joe. I don't often ask for autographs, but I usually chat with them and thank them for doing a good job on a show I might like. Many of them like to hear things like that.

Aj

Comment

We used to live in Hollywood until this year. While some celebs do crave attention, also some of them don't like being quite so visible.

Comment

The thing is, well, they are normal people. As normal as the mailman. And, like, you wouldn't run into your local postal worker at the grocery store and say "Hey, mailman! Just wanted you to know what a great job you did on the mail last year! You're totally my favorite mailman ever! Can I have your autograph? What's your next mail route? Can't wait to see you on it!!"

Comment

Turtlegirl, the beauty of the people of Hawaii is that they tend to leave celebs alone, unlike other areas of the country. And, as far as I can tell, the papparazzi don't follow them here which, I'm sure, is a blessing to them.

Celebs are so used to people noticing them. The ones I know would probably be devastated if they weren't recognized! Still, having their personal space invaded is another story. No one likes that. I, too, leave them alone unless I'm working with them or am in their presence in a work/social situation such as a wrap party. Being high profile comes with the turf of being a celebrity. I'm not an autograph hound but should I be working with someone who has written a book or has artwork in print, I'll usually purchase whatever it is and wait for an opportune time during the course of work to ask if they're interested in signing it. I've never been made to feel like an idiot! Just the opposite, aamof. Jerry Seinfeld seemed genuinely grateful and put a lot of thought into what he wrote. I have a signed copy of the book "Hawaii" along with a photo of James and Cookie Michener and me while he's signing it. When I asked him if he'd mind signing the book at his convenience he asked me to bring it to him right then and there.

Would I approach a celeb I've never met or worked with in public and ask for an autograph? Never. Would I point him/her out as inconspicuously as possible to someone I'm with. Of course!

BTW...I have a favorite mailman who I would always thank for doing such a good job. He probably woulda thought I was lolo if I asked for an autograph, tho'!

Comment

Teeheee, thanks Tutu! I just hate it, though, if when I inconspicuously point out a star to someone I'm with, and then they start talking loudly about that person or their show! Yikes!! Is there something nearby I can hide under?!
                      I've noticed that there seem to be zero paparrazi here, and the acceptance and coolness and aloha that most people extend to everyone, celebs included, is soooo nice!
                      Cool!!!!! You have Hawaii signed by Michener!! Good idea, and what a nice thing to have!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        I just hate it, though, if when I inconspicuously point out a star to someone I'm with, and then they start talking loudly about that person or their show! Yikes!! Is there something nearby I can hide under?!
                        My friend was waiting at a San Fran crosswalk, with his coworker. They soon realized the guy standing next to them, with a skateboard, was Dave Chappelle.

The coworker started gushing all over Dave, blathering incoherently. Dave smiled, but at the same time had a, "You're a friggin' idiot." look on his face. The coworker was completely oblivious.

My friend was totally embarrassed. He gave Dave an apologetic look and said, "Laters," when the light turned green.
                        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                        "
                        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Jorge Garcia has a fun blog at http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/ and he updates it quite often, though I just peeked and there's nothing since August 10. Some good stuff from his European vacation, and you can check the 2007 folder and see what's in there from his time on-island. Low-key guy, and folks pretty much left him alone the times he was out at the sandbar.
                          And sadly, there are indeed paparazzi here, though they tend to stake out places like the Kahala Resort, the Halekulani, Four Seasons, etc.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Lost crew setting up right now at an apartment building in Makiki on Anapuni St. just off Nehoa. Was tipped off by the big trucks and all the street parking outside my apartment becoming No parking zones. There's a big crane and the lighting guys are setting up. I'm assuming they're prepping for a night shoot. Wondering if they paid all the people in the apartment building to take some time off from being at home because the complex parking lot is empty.

Comment

when i went by Central Union Church about 5pm yesterday, there were a bunch of trucks, trailers & tents set up in the front. maybe that was a prep area for the other shoot on Anapuni St?
                              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                                when i went by Central Union Church about 5pm yesterday, there were a bunch of trucks, trailers & tents set up in the front. maybe that was a prep area for the other shoot on Anapuni St?
                                I've heard that's one of the places they sometimes use as a "base camp" if they're shooting someone in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X