Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Originally posted by maximumradio View Post
    [...]Anyone know how this will effect Lost if the strike does happen? How many episodes have been completed so far?
    Should the strike happen it will affect every production that is signatory to the TV/Theatrical contract, just like the writer's strike. Sorry, I don't know how many episodes are in the can.

Comment

We went and heard Jorge Garcia narrate "Peter and the Wolf" last Saturday night. He did a nice job. We were third row center which were great seats
      I can only imagine seeing other shows from that vantage point.

Comment

I would like to take out Evangeline Lilly on a date.

Comment

Ajira Airways

Got an email tonight announcing the "new" Ajira Airways. If you recall, there were a couple of hidden subliminal frames in the first teaser trailer for the new season that was released a couple months back with cryptic references to this mysterious company. It's this season's guerilla marketing campaign.

Check out www.AjiraAirways.com

Cursory peek reveals lots of references I'd assume point to a few clues:
          "Destiny"
          "Arctic"
          "South Pacific Triangle"

A scrolling message bar displays an odd message:
          "Avoid a new pacific location trouble area..... News..... Get Lost"

A sample boarding pass lists many large airports such as Los Angeles, Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney... And Gaylord, Michigan (GLR)? One of these things is not like the other indeed. Hmmmmm.. Also Guam (GUM). Interesting.

I'm know there are plenty of other hidden clues to be found with deeper digging. Have at it, folks!

(PS - Yes, it's a slow New Year's Eve at our house. We have a three-week old baby to celebrate with this year!)

Comment

Re: Ajira Airways

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
            Got an email tonight announcing the "new" Ajira Airways. If you recall, there were a couple of hidden subliminal frames in the first teaser trailer for the new season that was released a couple months back with cryptic references to this mysterious company. It's this season's guerilla marketing campaign.

Check out www.AjiraAirways.com
            okay, so why didn't i get that email? I know i signed up for the email updates when the site was first discovered... grr

anyways, i checked out the site and made my "reservations" for seat 47B of Ajira Airways flight # 316 1/21/09 11:30 am woo-hoo!

just 2 1/2 more weeks!
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

rats it says they're all booked!

prolly for the best

Comment

Happy New Year everybody.
                Did you enter the "Lost" contest? Write one page script giving the outcome of season 6 (and the series). Tough assignment! It's for the Jules Verne Festival. Deadline: April 10. LOST will receive their Achievement Award on April 25.
                Nic
                http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

FYI, for those who need a refresher, ABC-TV is showing the Season 4 finale again tomorrow night (Jan. 14). This will be enhanced version with the pop over things that offer explanations of stuff you may have missed.

The Season 5 premiere is next Wednesday, January 21.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The Season 4 DVD set (I got the Blu-Ray -- what a picture!) has a feature on Disc 1 called "Lost in 8:15" which gives you the Reader's Digest Condensed Version of the first three seasons in eight minutes and fiften seconds. There are also quite a few extra featurettes on the bonus disc, including a very interesting piece about how they transform Hawaii into the rest of the world for the show.

Comment

• Re: "Lost" - Season 5: News & Sightings

Are there "premiere parties" on Oahu next Wednesday (or Tuesday?!) I had heard that they screened the season premiere on Waikiki, but I also heard that they aren't doing it this year.
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

What timing! This just in from a little birdie... passing along if you're interested. I think past viewings at Planet Hollywood didn't go particularly well, but I may be confusing venues. I'm still curious whether Tropical Smoothie Cafe will be hosting anything (as they have in the past).

Get 'LOST' in Hollywood: ABC's 'LOST' Series Premiere
                        Planet Hollywood Honolulu
                        Bank of Hawaii Waikiki Building
                        Wed., Jan. 21 @ 7 p.m. and every Wednesday to follow.
                        $3 Validated Parking

Call to get on the list and receive our Hollywood VIP treatment, including:

• Seating in our LOST VIP section featuring 5 new plasma screen televisions.
                        • Exclusive drink specials.
                        • $3 domestic draft beers, $4 imported beers and $3.50 well drinks.

Contact our sales team at (808) 924-7406 and book your "LOST" party today (groups of 10-150). Reserve a semi-private area to watch the show and receive celebrity service.

Planet Hollywood Honolulu Restaurant & Bar
                        Kalakaua Ave. between Beachwalk and Lewers
                        (808) 924-7877

Comment

Planet Hollywood is having a premier party Wednesday night Jan 21 for the 7pm show

Meanwhile, on NPR's All Things Considered this afternoon:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=99296794

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the link. Previously on Lost is a fun band.
                            Nic
                            http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Comment

Got this info today on a viewing party:

LOST Viewing Party

7pm-9pmat:
                              Giovanni Pastrami
                              227 Lewers St., Ste 118
                              Waikiki
                              (808) 923-2100

Parking is a left turn just past Red Mango then another left turn into a valet area.

Comment

LOOOOSSTTTT!!!! YEEEEEESSS!! FINALLY!!!

Okay, obviously I'm a little overexcited!

My bf has a small part in tonight's episode, and I'm totally crazy freakout excited! (yay baby!! since the move, I was a little afraid we'd never be on tv again!) Oh, crud, now that I made that public, I bet his scene ended up on the cutting room floor. Ooops!

I wish I was going to one of the premiere parties, but I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, so I'll be lucky if I'm coherent this evening, and going out doesn't seem like a possibility for me tonight. Meh.

Tho, I was wondering about a party at Tropical Smoothie. I called over there yesterday, but nobody answered (wrong number?) and I didn't hear Teddy talking about having a party last time I met him, so... anyone know?
                                Last edited by turtlegirl; January 21, 2009, 07:43 AM. Reason: formatting
                                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Working...
                                X