Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wall-E

Saw it last night. Some parts of it were so visually fast paced that I could not keep up. I will rent it, just so I can pause, rewind, and rewatch all the little details. All in all, it was good, but I'm not gushing like some others on this board. Thought Shrek and Enchanted were better.

Loved the roaming gnome, and all the zippos. When Wall-E turned on, was that the sound a Mac makes when you turn it on? Dude next to me chuckled a little when he heard that.

The fat joke was a little overdone. I liked the Tyson robot. That cleaning robot reminds me of my wife chasing after me and the daughter-unit. Btw, daughter-unit was howling, and loved every minute of it.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

While the animation was top notch, IMO this was Pixar's weakest movie since A Bug's Life. The story was too "cute" for me and the lack of dialogue got to me. I did like the fact that it show me that technology has made people fat. Great for the kids,but a bit too "baby" for this adult.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
        While the animation was top notch, IMO this was Pixar's weakest movie since A Bug's Life. The story was too "cute" for me and the lack of dialogue got to me. I did like the fact that it show me that technology has made people fat. Great for the kids,but a bit too "baby" for this adult.
        Bear:
        I'm really not debating you here, but, I think the charm of this movie was the minimalist dialogue. Like those books about Carl the Rottweiler. No text, just art, and a different message for all. If it get to the point where I have to suck my burger and fries through a straw, shoot me.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Great for the kids,but a bit too "baby" for this adult.
          Wow. Interesting. I have the exact opposite sentiment. I've got friends who admitted that they liked the movie (as adults) more than their own kids did. And I think that "Wall-E" is second only to "Ratatouille" in terms of being Pixar's most mature, somewhat dark films to date -- making me wonder if they'll eventually move into more adult fare a la Japanese anime. That, I think, would be intriguing.

There's a part of "Wall-E" that's a bit preachy, but again that goes to the film's sci-fi roots (the classic "cautionary tale") and clear tributes to the classics. The lack of dialogue? The physical humor? Invokes for me Charlie Chaplin and other comedic geniuses. The movie evoked for me more emotion than movies starring actual humans, and they did it with a clunky toaster and an iPod with eyes. All a testament to how much Pixar pulled off.

Comment

The story was too "cute" for me and the lack of dialogue got to me. ... Great for the kids,but a bit too "baby" for this adult.
            I dunno, I had the opposite reaction. I thought it was very sophisticated (and quite daring for Pixar) and, because of that, adults would enjoy this more than kids. The fact that it had very little dialog (it relied heavily on visual narration) was one aspect of its sophistication. It reminded me of "The Triplets of Belleville" in that it had almost no dialog and was fascinating because of that (it won several Academy Awards in 2003, and definitely was not for kids).

By the way, if you haven't guessed already, I LOVED the movie.
            Last edited by Honoruru; July 3, 2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I liked the movie, it was sort of fun but there were things that makes you wonder, for instance:
              1. Wall-E's roach friend, was he the only one left on the planet?
              2. EVE being a probe looking for plant life was sure trigger happy, shooting at things that moved.
              3. The ship that carried EVE and others like her, only deployed one EVE bot and not a few of them to go searching on the planet.
              4. Did the Axiom looked at worlds other than Earth to live on?
              5. Wasn't there other ships that left Earth beside the Axiom. What happen to them?
              6. Why didn't EVE react to roach, wouldn't that be an indication that life on Earth was back in business?
              7. Things in that movie that lasted a long time. Things that still work after 700 years, bra, battery charge on car and the key ring to activate the alarm, VHS tapes that don't degrade, twinkes (or their version of it), but yet all but one of the WALL-E robots failed to work.
              8. What's the deal with the wind storm that popped in a couple of times during the movie?

Comment

A sweet movie, almost as good as "Kung Fu Panda".

Comment

I'm thinking a celebrity droid deathmatch ... WALL-E vs. R2-D2.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

yeah,,,, what about the windstorm?
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The storm seemed to be something that Wall-E feared, was it the storm that damaged the other Wall-E robots?

Comment

Working...
                      X