X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Very enjoyable!

Wonderful photos. I had a nice time. Thanks!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I liked those "aquarium" shots.
      These were taken at the Maui Ocean Center

Sea creatures(kittens?) are cool!
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

ahhh it's an aquarium themed week I see!

We took Jaxon (9mo) to the aquarium and the zoo today. He wasn't too thrilled about the zoo, but he LOVED the aquarium as much as I thought he would since he loves watching the water when we go on our afternoon walks. He sat and played with the clown fishe exhibit for about 10 mins and laughed and chased them around with his hands. We're heading to Maui for his birthday in April, so we totally have to hit up the Maui Ocean Center.

Comment

The head was in the crocodile (I think) exhibit at the zoo...it was so ... eep! And I couldn't find the sign for what the bird was, but it looked cool.

Comment

Jim, I love the shades of gray in the Shark's Cove shot..almost a B&W without trying. And I am reminded I have not found time to visit the botanical gardens in Wahiawa....your photos are so beautiful.

MM, your lobster is cool! And the shrimp shot is neat, the blur adds to it.

integlspwr, love the car pic! Sporty cool.

Tat, your pics make me want to go back to the East Coast...well, just for a little while.

Kelly, my favorite is the two of them looking down into the fishpool with the butterfly fish.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
              Jim, I love the shades of gray in the Shark's Cove shot..almost a B&W without trying. And I am reminded I have not found time to visit the botanical gardens in Wahiawa....your photos are so beautiful.

MM, your lobster is cool! And the shrimp shot is neat, the blur adds to it.

integlspwr, love the car pic! Sporty cool.

Tat, your pics make me want to go back to the East Coast...well, just for a little while.

Kelly, my favorite is the two of them looking down into the fishpool with the butterfly fish.
              thanks mate! more pics will come once the car is in its next "stage"

Comment

Here's a few more from Maui.

Fishing at Sunset

Stopping along the road to have a conversation With Mr. Ed

Crashing Waves in La Peruse Bay

Comment

Jim:

(post 459 / pic 1) reminds me of the scene where the Predator bleeds and Arnold says, "We can keel et."

(459/2) that's a creepy looking plant. looks like something out of Metroid

(461/2) I like that abstract tree trunk

(461/3) those blue/grey schrooms look cool. I got a similar one at the Honolulu Zoo, but not so up close and detailed

TATTRAT
                  : I like the architecture in your area. Love the red brick in 464/3

integlspwr: nice car & photo. does your plate say "group herd"?

mm: I think that poor lobster believes you mean to eat him with some melted butter

kelly: I love the reflection in 468/3. Your hubby and son are positioned perfectly under the fish. Looks like your flash lit them up just right.

Cool looking secretary bird (I think) in 469/3. It reminds me of the video game Joust.

acoustic lady: I like the subdued light of your first pic. the silhouet of the pole and fisherman contrasts nicely with the curvy, reflective tide.

Jeeze that horse has a set of teeth.

Nice blue/grey sea water. Almost looks like Hawaii.
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Some Honolulu Zoo pics:

I didn't notice something was staring back at me, until I got home:
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                      And the stairs fro The Exorcist
                      Awsome pic, Tat. The red brick, the blue glow of the sky, and the perspective of the rail are all powerful elements.

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
                      a pic of my car taken by Jordan Shiraki...
                      shirakiphoto.com
                      Nice ride and nice pic, integlspwr.

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                      Sea creatures(kittens?) are cool!
                      I like the effect the movement of the shrimp's antennae created.

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                      We took Jaxon (9mo) to the aquarium and the zoo today.
                      Very nice! My favorite is the one where they're checking out the lionfish. Kind of a look of wonder on the little one's face.

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                      Jim, I love the shades of gray in the Shark's Cove shot..almost a B&W without trying.
                      Thanks cyleet. That is a very monochromatic shot. I'll have to covert it to B&W to see what that looks like.

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                      Fishing at Sunset
                      Another great pic with a very peaceful feel.

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                      Jim:

(post 459 / pic 1) reminds me of the scene where the Predator bleeds and Arnold says, "We can keel et."

(459/2) that's a creepy looking plant. looks like something out of Metroid

integlspwr: nice car & photo. does your plate say "group herd"?
                      Yes, there are some very interesting plants. Kind of otherworldly.

I'm guessing the license plate means "Grip Hard"

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                        I'm guessing the license plate means "Grip Hard"
                        Ah, that sounds more reasonable. I suck at reading vanity plates.
                        "

Comment

Working...
                        X